My.. Re-Build Up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My.. Re-Build Up

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 06-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
phrantix
1989 XJ Cherokee 

My.. Re-Build Up

I figured that I will make one thread and just post pictures of my progress and what I want to do to my XJ.

This is how it currently sits:
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3689/blahus3.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8816/floor2pu1.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7362/floor1zi0.jpg

I need to get a new bumper, and the front grill. Going to the junkyard this weekend, or next week. Hopefully I can find the grill. and then I'm going to get (probably) the JCR Stage 2 front bumper.

Then comes replacing the passenger side floor... (already replaced the drivers.)
Then, herculining the intire floor. and then putting everything back in.

After that, I want to (not right away) get either the JCR Stage 1, or Stage 2 Rear bumper. (I've got one question.. I've got my own hitch, does the aftermarket bumper interfere with anything to do with the hitch?)
And also, Some sliders. I'm thinking just JCR (Again).. probably stage 1. Or AJ's Standard, or Superrails.

Once all thats done, and settled, I'd like to buy another set of tires for offroad use. maybe Bighorns.. maybe something else. haven't really thought about that just yet. and probably some rockcrawlers, or something cheap but strong.

Thats about all I've got for now. Will post pictures of my progress.

Unread 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Cody_00_XJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrantix
I figured that I will make one thread and just post pictures of my progress and what I want to do to my XJ.

This is how it currently sits:

I need to get a new bumper, and the front grill. Going to the junkyard this weekend, or next week. Hopefully I can find the grill. and then I'm going to get (probably) the JCR Stage 2 front bumper.

Then comes replacing the passenger side floor... (already replaced the drivers.)
Then, herculining the intire floor. and then putting everything back in.

After that, I want to (not right away) get either the JCR Stage 1, or Stage 2 Rear bumper. (I've got one question.. I've got my own hitch, does the aftermarket bumper interfere with anything to do with the hitch?)
And also, Some sliders. I'm thinking just JCR (Again).. probably stage 1. Or AJ's Standard, or Superrails.

Once all thats done, and settled, I'd like to buy another set of tires for offroad use. maybe Bighorns.. maybe something else. haven't really thought about that just yet. and probably some rockcrawlers, or something cheap but strong.

Thats about all I've got for now. Will post pictures of my progress.
click free

try using img tags with your pics

that is some nasty rust
Cody_00_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #3
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_00_XJ
click free

try using img tags with your pics

that is some nasty rust
he doesnt have 50 posts.

good luck with that though.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Cody_00_XJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by basso4735
he doesnt have 50 posts.

good luck with that though.
he could still put img tags on the pics so click free is easier
Cody_00_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #5
dopod
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Don't ya just love rust? I went through the same thing with mine.

Looks good so far
dopod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

looks like good work, keep crackin at it

-Kyle
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
phrantix
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I did a little bit more today for the rust and whatnot. Scrapped it down as much as I could, and painted the bottoms of the front seats with some rust-stuff paint so that they're not all ..rust infested.
but mainly, I got it running. .. now that thats done with, i can get started on the floor.

I've been calling some stores to see how much herculiner is. havne't asked about rhino, or durabak though. the one place that I've phoned that has it, wants $160 for the kit, and $50 for one litre of it. I want to buy just the 1 gallon, not the complete kit. .. assuming theres quite a bit of price difference. anybody know where I could get just the paint? or, a place that sells cheaper? it doesn't have to be herculiner.. just something in that .. category?

I took a few more pictures.

Unread 06-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i know walmart has herculiner near the auto touch-up paints. you can buy the kit, a gallon or a little can. well at least here you can. every store is probably different. but i would give them a try

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
hermantherugger
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think Durabak really comes as a "kit". They sell it by the gallon on their website.
hermantherugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #10
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I found this. I don't know if it's the best price but it's better than $160.00!
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Qx9aEBHyerb4sw
I used this stuff on my rear bumper and it has held up great. Though, someone else might have a little more insight into which products perform better.
Unread 06-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
chamfo

Good work, im doing the exact same thing right now!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.