My problem with defrost/floor vent problem found - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My problem with defrost/floor vent problem found

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-17-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
ebk04

My problem with defrost/floor vent problem found

I know this has been asked several times and i finally found my problem. Mine was not the vacuum like many others. My problem is that the piece that connects the flapper door to the ("actuater"??) is broken off, therefore everything is moving as it should but since the arm is broken off of the flapper door it doesnt open. Now the problem is that i cannot access the door to replace it. I am thinking that the whole dash has to be removed to get to the door. Someone please correct me if i am wrong or if they know of a way to get to it b/c taking the entire dash out seems like a huge pain. I work at a gm bodyshop so im going to check with service tomorrow and see if they have any ideas. Sorry for the long post but i know im not the only one that has been having problems with this and i need suggestions.

Unread 07-17-2006, 04:11 AM   #2
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

One of the problems with that lever is you have to buy the whole upper housing from Chrysler, the other is you do have to remove the dash to get it out(upper housing). There is a way to replace the lever in the vehicle. If there is anypart of it left in the housing use a small screw to pull it out but be careful not to damage the door in the housing, carefully pull the lever out of the new door and gently push it into the one in your dash.
rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
ebk04

So your saying buy the new flapper, take the rod out of it and try to re-use the door thats in there already?? Ill have to check on pulling the piece out but space is very limited up there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.