Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

my new cherokee project

510K views 1K replies 374 participants last post by  Myusername1674 
#1 ·
one of my very good freinds had to get it out of his driveway. he said if i got rid of it i could have it for 300 bucks:D.

i just put the 35 inch bfg a/t on it. it had stock rims and tires when i got it. i got the bfg a/t for 40 bucks.

all together
jeep 300
uhaul trailer and gas: 80
tires and rims:40
primer:5
total so far 425 :cheers2:

it was hit in the front and my buddy sold the interior parts and doors to put the lift on.
the jeep is very solid. the only rust on it was on the floor but i quickly fixed that and primered it.

future plans are to get a 97 and up front end on there, get some doors for it and loose the top from the doors back.

See less See more
#7 ·
CHOP THE BACK OFF!!!!

2 doors look awesome choped.
i want to do that but i am not sure what to do for a top. anyone got any pics of choped cherokees with soft tops

#13 ·
nice buy, good idea on the chop. All I can say is pictures, pictures, pictures haha

#14 ·
chopped the back after work. just got done removing the fenders grill and back. ill have pics tommorow in another thread. it was to dark tonight to take pics

#15 ·
Nice hurry with pics.

#17 · (Edited)
so last night at 10 o clock i decided to try and figure out why none of my interior lights worked. my freind came over and we decided to take off the busted grill and fenders. one thing led to another and now the roofs off lol. i think it looks sick and we are going to clean it up and start welding supports in tonight and this weekend. i also plan on a 97+ front if i can get one for cheep

#18 ·
Nice. Build a small cage. It looks sick though.

Is the frame bent? Front bumper looks off center.

#19 ·
the "frame" isnt bent just the bumper support. it was in an crash thats why the gill was all messed up and fender. its not bad though. we are going to build a bumper for it anyway

#28 ·
i have gotten a lot done the past few days. i didnt take any pics because it was mostly just grinding cutting and welding to clean up the cuts. today i went to the junkyard and got a fender, a grill, a comanche tailgate, roof racks, and some misc interior stuff. i am gonna try and get most of it together tommorow and snap some pics

#29 ·
This is going to be great LOL...

Take plenty of progress pics and stuff so we know you aint sneaking to the neighbors and snapping pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.