My little build thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My little build thread

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Big4banger
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My little build thread

Quick background. traded in my 2005 TJ last summer for an 01 XJ. needed the room for a growing family. Last summer i started having over heating problems with it. replaced the entire cooling system since it was about 75% coolant and 25% ani-leak die to a small crack in the radiator. the over heating lead to a cracked head, that lead to a collapsed lifter which then lead to a shaved lobe on the cam. All in all i am about $3,500 into this jeep with out any fum modifications being made. Today i put on a lift i have pieced together mostly from a friends old lift. parts include OME 3 inch springs, Rough country 1 inch shackles, Skyjacker 2 inch coils with a 2 inch spacer and a set of cheap RC shocks. wheels and tires a 30x9.50's on stock TJ wheels i pulled of a 05 TJ we lifted and did wheels and tires on in my shop last fall. new whls/tires to follow when i can afford them

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2OJeep View Post
you'll be fine as long as you dong drive like an asshat

Last edited by Big4banger; 09-16-2009 at 07:46 PM..
Big4banger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Big4banger
2001 XJ Cherokee 

just measured when i got home today. net lift was 4.25 in the front and 6 in the back because i was sagging so badly. I also had our alignment guy cut sleeve and weld my stock track bar to the proper length, however on my way home i hit a bumt and got just a little shake out of the front end. it didnt go into DW but i had a flashback of the DW i had in my TJ for almost a year, any sugestions. also keep in mind i am still on stock wheels and tires. thanks- Ben

Quote:
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

You mean 6 over the old measure or 6" over stock?
Lift heights should be measured over stock, not over previous hieght, as that gets confusing. Especially because replacing when the springs the lift amount has nothing to do with the previous height. Stock height from bottom of the flare to center of the hub is 17.5" front, 17" rear.

Looks good by the way!
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
Big4banger
2001 XJ Cherokee 

ahh, well i measured from where it sat right before i put the lift on, and i measured from the ground since i wasnt changing the wheels and tires yet, i check it again tonight and let you know

Quote:
Unread 09-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Big4banger
2001 XJ Cherokee 

lift was 4.25 front and 4" rear over stock. also i ordered my 31/10.50R15 Cooper S/T's and ProComp series 98 (soft 8) at work today.. pics to follow on wed or thur when they show up and i can get the guys to mount, balance an sipe them.

Quote:
Unread 09-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Big4banger
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Last update for a for now. First 3 pics are of the same little hill for comparison. last 2 are of the flex with the new lift and the trim touched up with some Black Krylon Fusion....

Stock

lift with stock wheels and tires

lift with 31's on black procomps

little flex with the 31's disco front and rear

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.