my jeep build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > my jeep build

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

my jeep build

after seeing a few jeep build threads i figured id start my own to log the progress of my jeep an to share any problems i have along the way...

the start of my build starts out with a 99 xj classic, an i started the build by changing all my fluids over to synthetic, buying a system, an saving for a lift...

a hitch in the trail has accoured though, what do u expect its a jeep lol
i got a check engine light an 2 secs later blew my radatior house do to too much pressure in the system, lucky for my my grandfather owns a garage, so i have 24 hour acces to a heated garage, every tool i could ever need an a LIFT, so to be on the safe side, an i heard the xjs have bad cooling system history, i did the water pump, thermostat, all new houses, an sat im changing my radatior an heater core....

pics will come soon once i figure out how to post them
an ill keep every one updated on the progress

great-white is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

You have to host the pics on photobucket, or the like. then copy the url code and paste it in your post.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
XJH-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by great-white View Post
the start of my build starts out with a 99 xj classic, an i started the build by changing all my fluids over to synthetic, buying a system, an saving for a lift...
haha...super, now everyone has to wait for 6 months for you to save your McDonalds paychecks, scrounging for pennies to buy a cb antenna. LOL.

You're suppose to take before pics, then post the build as start bolting your first part on.

Sorry man.........I'm trolling for trouble today.........
Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I am getting ready to install my CB, fabbed up the antenna bracket today. Now just one more payday from McDonalds, and I'll have the antenna and coax.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
justanotherjpr

I would run a compression check and check the coolant very carefully for oil, check the oil very carefully for coolant in your situation.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
XJH-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjfever View Post
I am getting ready to install my CB, fabbed up the antenna bracket today. Now just one more payday from McDonalds, and I'll have the antenna and coax.
Wait, wait wait....slow down............can you scan a copy of the CB instructions and post them? I also could use a scan of the MacDonalds menu....

Tera 4:1 / 4:56's_Elec. Locked D44
**84' CJ7 4"BDS 33's
***02 WJ Overland
XJH-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hahahaha funny guys, but i have a good job an the build should be done by june, atleast the basics of it, there is always room for improvement

Unread 01-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

after i took of the fan, belt an water pump...
Unread 01-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #9
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

update...
sat i had the new heater core put in, an swapped out the stock single core radiator, an put in a 3 core severe duty one

heres the dash apart to get to the heater core

stock raditor

severe duty one

my #1 o2 sensor went today, an i heard numerious complaints about the cheap aftermarket ones not lasting to long i replaced it with a dealer replacement...

heres the running tally so far of all the parts i have replaced/ upgraded
may seem cheaper than normal, like i said my fam ownes a garage so i get garage discount, an the jeep dealership in my town also does buisness with us so i get factory parts at cost...

both rear u joints 38.00

tranny filter 13.00

royal purp atf 44.95
(also changed my transfercase fluid)

upper radiator hose 12.21

lower hose 11.27

195* thermostat 10.66

thermostat gasket 2.69

temp sensor 21.14

new water pump 34.19

heater core 66.29

3 core severe duty radiator 191.19

yellow top batt 204.79

o2 sensor b4 the cat 79.61

transfer case switch 26.50
(the sensor that make ur 4wheel drive light come on)

running tally so far 760
Unread 01-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
R. Potts
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by great-white View Post
update...
sat i had the new heater core put in, an swapped out the stock single core radiator, an put in a 3 core severe duty one

heres the dash apart to get to the heater core

stock raditor

severe duty one

my #1 o2 sensor went today, an i heard numerious complaints about the cheap aftermarket ones not lasting to long i replaced it with a dealer replacement...

heres the running tally so far of all the parts i have replaced/ upgraded
may seem cheaper than normal, like i said my fam ownes a garage so i get garage discount, an the jeep dealership in my town also does buisness with us so i get factory parts at cost...

both rear u joints 38.00

tranny filter 13.00

royal purp atf 44.95
(also changed my transfercase fluid)

upper radiator hose 12.21

lower hose 11.27

195* thermostat 10.66

thermostat gasket 2.69

temp sensor 21.14

new water pump 34.19

heater core 66.29

3 core severe duty radiator 191.19

yellow top batt 204.79

o2 sensor b4 the cat 79.61

transfer case switch 26.50
(the sensor that make ur 4wheel drive light come on)

running tally so far 760
Click Free.
Unread 01-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

next on the list of things to do this weekend is change front an rear axle fluid, new plugs, wires, cap an rotor, k&n filter9or should i spend a lil more an just get a cold air intake???)

an saving for a aftermarket complete head(a jeep mechanic said the 99-01 heads had a problem cracking), headers, high flow cat, an gibson cat back...

just got my w2 in today so when i get my taxes back i'll be ordering the lift, i wana go 6 " long arm all suspension, no blocks or shackles, any 1 have any advice on what lift kit i should go with?
the lift budget is around 2500

also any 1 have any suggestions on what else i should replace, get or mad to make it a nice trail rig that can still be a dd
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #12
94HOCHEROKEE
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Go w/the intake, I am. Unless you do water crossings.
94HOCHEROKEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #13
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

so whats the deal with heard cracking problems?

its a 99 classic

should i worry?
if so i wana fix it b4 it fails, the jeep has 120, 550 on it...

an whats the best remidy??
aftermarket head like the ones from quadretic, 499 compleat with valve train??
suggestions please
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #14
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

picked up my new warn rear bumper with full size tire swing out the other day,
bought a warn 9. ti, installed my 6.5 inch alpine type r door speaker(needed toake a custom wood ring an trim plastic door skin for proper fit) an mounted my two amps an cap...

heres some pics

ordereing a ajs offroad winch bumper in the morn an maybe a set of rock sliders...

next week getting the rock hard sport cage(gettin powder coated orange)

then saving for 6.5 rustys la lift(wich im also powdercoating flourecent orange)
Unread 03-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
great-white
1999 XJ Cherokee 

im abandoining this thread, this jeep is now my dd, just bought a 95 xj with a 10" long arm lift...
will be posting a new thread with the progress of my new project:-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.