my cherokee build... Stage II - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > my cherokee build... Stage II

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

my cherokee build... Stage II

Okay i dont have pics from my original stage I build, but i will show you what it looked like during its first stage of modification...
4.5" rubicon express superflex
RE twin tubes
HP30 front, 8.25 29 spline rear... 3.07s
AX15
4.0L
white 2 door
skid row engine skid
skidrow tcase skid
TNT Rock Runner front bumper
CARR light bar, 4 lights
safari snorkel
15x8 d-window rims
32" BFG mud terrains
warn front diff shield
rear 8.25 diff shield
tmax 9k winch
SYE & t woods driveshaft

This is all stage I stuff, ill type up stage II in a second... just completed the second stage of my build.

Unread 03-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 03-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickXJ View Post
Okay i dont have pics from my original stage I build, but i will show you what it looked like during its first stage of modification...
4.5" rubicon express superflex
RE twin tubes
HP30 front, 8.25 29 spline rear... 3.07s
AX15
4.0L
white 2 door
skid row engine skid
skidrow tcase skid
TNT Rock Runner front bumper
CARR light bar, 4 lights
safari snorkel
15x8 d-window rims
32" BFG mud terrains
warn front diff shield
rear 8.25 diff shield
tmax 9k winch
SYE & t woods driveshaft

This is all stage I stuff, ill type up stage II in a second... just completed the second stage of my build.
click free looks good

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
again clicky freey

Unread 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

okay apparently i cant post pics? just links? Well whatever, i know run a 2" rubicon express rear block, 6.5" rustys front coils, 2" front puck (winch weighs the front down some). The whole truck is now at 7-7.5" of lift.
-8.8" rear axle out of any explorer (31 spline, disks, etc)
-riddler cover.
-35" tsl radial SSRs
-1" front spacers and 1.25" spacers make both axles about even
-JCR 1 ton steering (utk)
-4.10 geared front HP30 out of a 4 cyl XJ
-stock 4.10s in the 8.8 also
-also bought superflex adjustable lowers
-new RE1660/1665 track bar and bracket with extended 1" coupler for the extra lift
-RC drop brackets
It will be on a RK 3 link front soon, ill keep this thread posted.

my steering angles...

the 8.8 ready to kick some @$$

Brake line and breather tube setup...

gay @$$ pitman arm...

Pullin out a 4.5" lifted XJ on 33s, it was nice to see him get stuck and me glide through it, reminded me why i put these new tires on haha

my XJ and my friend JD's red cherokee, his name on here is Higgs98XJ....

a
Im prob forgetting some stuff, its going to be getting lockers soon. I think id rather focus more on swapping it into a new jeep than upgrading more stuff just yet, I would like a 4 door automatic, but the 2 door 5 speed serves its purpose offroad. critisize as you please, id like to improve it as much as possible
Unread 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

wait how did you do that? oh and thank you, that was it before
Unread 03-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
okay apparently i cant post pics? just links? Well whatever, i know run a 2" rubicon express rear block, 6.5" rustys front coils, 2" front puck (winch weighs the front down some). The whole truck is now at 7-7.5" of lift.
-8.8" rear axle out of any explorer (31 spline, disks, etc)
-riddler cover.
-35" tsl radial SSRs
-1" front spacers and 1.25" spacers make both axles about even
-JCR 1 ton steering (utk)
-4.10 geared front HP30 out of a 4 cyl XJ
-stock 4.10s in the 8.8 also
-also bought superflex adjustable lowers
-new RE1660/1665 track bar and bracket with extended 1" coupler for the extra lift
-RC drop brackets
It will be on a RK 3 link front soon, ill keep this thread posted.

my steering angles...

the 8.8 ready to kick some @$$

Brake line and breather tube setup...

gay @$$ pitman arm...

Pullin out a 4.5" lifted XJ on 33s, it was nice to see him get stuck and me glide through it, reminded me why i put these new tires on haha

my XJ and my friend JD's red cherokee, his name on here is Higgs98XJ....

a
Im prob forgetting some stuff, its going to be getting lockers soon. I think id rather focus more on swapping it into a new jeep than upgrading more stuff just yet, I would like a 4 door automatic, but the 2 door 5 speed serves its purpose offroad. critisize as you please, id like to improve it as much as possible
click free

No problem man but get rid of those blocks now!!! get shackles.

Just keep posting the pics the way you are and when you reach 30 posts they will pop up and until then we can quote you and they come up automatically.

Unread 03-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #8
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

oh i gotcha, well thanks man ill try to get the posts up...

Anyway, as most of you know (well idk how knowledgable JF users are, im from naxja and pirate4x4) the RE 4.5 uses a 3.5" pack with a 1.25" shackle offereing a carefully set up shackle angle for better stuffing and more droop, IE better flex. i figured id add blocks since i need 2" more of lift. No one makes a 3.25" shackle, nor would that flex or ride well, and DEFINITELY would not be safe haha. This is kind of a temporary useage untill i can afford some fresh 5.5" packs and a shackle relocation system.
Unread 03-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

what you could do is get a bigger shackle and relocate the shackle hanger to the correct angle.

Unread 03-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

the biggest shackle any one makes is 1.5", mine as well not spend the money. I could fab a new shackle angle that mounts 2" lower, that would be quite extreme but the next most affordable way other than blocks, and will flex better than a 5.5" pack anyday if done correctly. Or i could just say screw it and chop it up and turn it into a 3/4 elliptical rear lol
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #11
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

TnT U-Bolt eliminators and an H.D. Offroad Shackle Relocation Bracket, that'd give you the extra lift and definitely help it all out. You can get 1/2", 1" and 1.5" on the TnT UBE's and the bracket gives around 1.5", depending on how you adjust it. I personally think they are charging to much for the bracket because it looks somewhat easy to fab up yourself, so if you can fab, i'd go for it.
nrpalmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
1sickXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpalmer32 View Post
TnT U-Bolt eliminators and an H.D. Offroad Shackle Relocation Bracket, that'd give you the extra lift and definitely help it all out. You can get 1/2", 1" and 1.5" on the TnT UBE's and the bracket gives around 1.5", depending on how you adjust it. I personally think they are charging to much for the bracket because it looks somewhat easy to fab up yourself, so if you can fab, i'd go for it.
Yup, exaclty. I was going to do the TNT u bolt elims but had already gotten a ruff stuff specialties kit already (which adds some lift, too). In hindsight, i would have rather bought hte u bolt eliminators. However, id have to add a 1"+ block to get what i have now (the Ruff Stuff sepcialties bracket kit adds .5"+ it self).

And your also right on those shackle relocation kits, so i plan on fabbing some up myself in time. Im sure Ill destroy these packs with these blocks eventually though, but for now theyre flexing enough to stuff into my fenders HARD, and thats on 7.5" of lift lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.