My build thread, LOTS of pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My build thread, LOTS of pics

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Reply
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
01LimitedXJ
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 307
My build thread, LOTS of pics

Ok, bought my 2001 Limited in the middle of this past summer, and here is the progression my build up has taken:

Stock:




First order of business, upgrade the sound system.


still need to put the plastic surround piece on my headunit



Ok, moving on...2" teraflex budget boost, spacers and shackles:


Swapped on Moab rims/tires from my friends TJ:


Removed bumper endcaps, flares, and got her muddy!





Upgraded to RE3.5 SuperRide:




__________________
Weekend Warrior TJ
01LimitedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
01LimitedXJ
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 307
built a luggage rack/sub box protector for my rear cargo area:





Current Projects:
Replace LP dana 30 with HP i got from junkyard:

Mostly cleaned up...needs to be regeared (wish i knew how), and im almost done welding up control arm skids.

Swap out weak and pathetic Dana 35c for 8.8 i bought:



Also working on a mount for my cb...and a few other little things.

Thanks for looking.
__________________
Weekend Warrior TJ
01LimitedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Turner
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01LimitedXJ View Post
Ok, bought my 2001 Limited in the middle of this past summer, and here is the progression my build up has taken:

Stock:




First order of business, upgrade the sound system.


still need to put the plastic surround piece on my headunit



Ok, moving on...2" teraflex budget boost, spacers and shackles:


Swapped on Moab rims/tires from my friends TJ:


Removed bumper endcaps, flares, and got her muddy!





Upgraded to RE3.5 SuperRide:


I love the stock wheels. You still have them?
__________________
--Turner--
2006 Jeep TJ
1982 Toyota Pickup 20r/22r Hybrid, 5.29s, Lockrite frt/spool rear, Longfields, Hysteer, discs, armor, dents, smiles.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #4
Turner
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01LimitedXJ View Post
built a luggage rack/sub box protector for my rear cargo area:





Current Projects:
Replace LP dana 30 with HP i got from junkyard:

Mostly cleaned up...needs to be regeared (wish i knew how), and im almost done welding up control arm skids.

Swap out weak and pathetic Dana 35c for 8.8 i bought:



Also working on a mount for my cb...and a few other little things.

Thanks for looking.
click free
__________________
--Turner--
2006 Jeep TJ
1982 Toyota Pickup 20r/22r Hybrid, 5.29s, Lockrite frt/spool rear, Longfields, Hysteer, discs, armor, dents, smiles.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #5
01LimitedXJ
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 307
Thank you sir! Yes, I have the stock rims/tires. I am actually trying to sell them.
__________________
Weekend Warrior TJ
01LimitedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Turner
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 800
how much you want for them. I've always liked them.
__________________
--Turner--
2006 Jeep TJ
1982 Toyota Pickup 20r/22r Hybrid, 5.29s, Lockrite frt/spool rear, Longfields, Hysteer, discs, armor, dents, smiles.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #7
01LimitedXJ
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 307
Ill send ya a pm.
__________________
Weekend Warrior TJ
01LimitedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
LCFRJEEP
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Inwood, WV
Posts: 307
Nice rig man. Keep up the good work and good pics!!!
__________________
Life's too short so always do the right thing even when no one is looking and never look back!
LCFRJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo
 
ReconMill's Avatar
2005  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dover, OH
Posts: 3,863
Too add to that rack you built you could look into some of those metal bars that you put up (like for dogs in the back and such) to keep your stuff from falling off into the back seat. Looks good so far, keep it up!
__________________
Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT
SOLD!!! - 1999 XJ Build Thread
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
92XJCowboy
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: kunkletown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,599
looks great so far!!!!

To tell you the truth when I saw you upgrading the soundsystem I thought that this was gonna be a ghetto build but you are far from that!!
__________________
“If it rolls, floats, flies or shoots, runs on gasoline or gunpowder, goes fast or shoots a big bullet and makes lots of noise, thus producing torque and recoil — it’s cool.”

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #11
XJ2000
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morris County, New Jersey
Posts: 2,218
Nice job so far, any plans for trimming the fenders?
__________________
North Jersey Jeep Club

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
4.0H.O.XJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA/Japan
Posts: 2,439
What is this?!?!?!?

No spray painted black rims? Decent welding and fabrication techniques? No random body panels hacked off with a torch and sawzall? No textured paint job with roller and paint pan? No ricer tricks? Where are the wal mart fog lights wired directly to the battery? The stickers? Why is there still exhaust on it, and why is your post easy to read and spelled properly?

You are an impostor. This is not a real build thread. Go back outside with a claw hammer and some spray paint and build it RIGHT.

Nice color and the rubi rims look fantastic on there. Keep up the awesome work, I'll be following this one..........
4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #13
88XJSport
Registered User
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
What is this?!?!?!?

No spray painted black rims? Decent welding and fabrication techniques? No random body panels hacked off with a torch and sawzall? No textured paint job with roller and paint pan? No ricer tricks? Where are the wal mart fog lights wired directly to the battery? The stickers? Why is there still exhaust on it, and why is your post easy to read and spelled properly?

You are an impostor. This is not a real build thread. Go back outside with a claw hammer and some spray paint and build it RIGHT.

Nice color and the rubi rims look fantastic on there. Keep up the awesome work, I'll be following this one..........
X2 Tom. It does seem funny...


01LimitedXJ, nice rig man.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
XJ2000
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morris County, New Jersey
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ View Post
Nice color and the rubi rims look fantastic on there. Keep up the awesome work, I'll be following this one..........
I agree... just for clarification I wasn't implying for him to hack the fenders. His rig actually reminded me alot of mine when I first removed the flares and had the part with the holes from the fender flare brackets exposed. If he did the cut and fold method just enough to get rid of the part of the fenders where the holes are the rig would look even more outstanding
__________________
North Jersey Jeep Club

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
01LimitedXJ
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nashville
Posts: 307
hey thanks for the comments guys. Im really trying to do this build right! As for the hack job build haha, i did that on my last vehicle. My luggage rack currently holds my 31" spare. Eventually I will be getting a new rear bumper/tire carrier, so i will pull that out and sand it down and paint dark grey to match interior (currently it is only primered). Yes I do plan on trimming the fenders, since on full stuff I do rub a little bit. Thanks again guys!
__________________
Weekend Warrior TJ
01LimitedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.