My 98 Sport Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My 98 Sport Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #76
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Aight its coming off then LOL.

I have good shoacks and firm springs. Thats should keep it stable. I have ran my bronco without the rear sway forever(didnt come with one) and it isnt noticable. Flexs alot better too.

If the weather cooperates I'll put in my throttle body once I bore it out after work. Then start on the shackles and SYE. Got Monday off and aint doing anything might tackle that then.

I'm going to pick up a Surco rack Saturday. Im getting it for $130! Going to make gutter mounts when I pick it up. Probably do that Monday too.

-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #77
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did the throttle body from my 98 since the 94 one I did yesterday wouldnt work.

It came out great. Definately feel a difference with the bored TB and spacer. Little lag in shifting I guess from the added space into the intake and having to get the throttle shut and taking longer...

Here's some pics:

All bored out and clean:

Put back together:

Spacer on the manifold:
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #78
ChillinCherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You have an awesome Jeep bro! Keep up the good work and great posts! Lookin good!
ChillinCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #79
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man as do you. Intakes on its way from Cali BTW. SYE, shackles, and making a hitch planned for all day Monday....

Might end up making some 1/2" spacers to level it out but IDK thats kind of why I'm putting in the shackels...We'll see...
Wish me luck LOL.
Unread 08-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #80
ChillinCherokee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Your gonna love that SYE. Amazing results! Man your gonna be like "What was I thinking before". No offense to those who can not afford one. They're quite expensive little thangs!! What kind of bushing do you have in the rear springs? Poly or rubber? Please say poly....
ChillinCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #81
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

stock rubbers....

They are sweeking good I might replace them. I'm running stock packs with AAL,Blocks, and now shackles LOL.

Holy crap lift block!! you say...They are custom made 3/4" zero rates I did it to get my tires off the rear flares...Worked nicely too.
Unread 08-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #82
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

TB and spacer sound liek a supercharger when hard on the throttle. Got to test it out good with the windows down this morning. You can barely hear it over the tires but its there. Its fine though I think its cool.

Exhaust is getting done tomorrow, Going with a Flowmaster 40 with a turn down after the axle. Guy said he'd charge like $100 bux and thats what Id cost me to buy the muffler and tip. Going to do a Magnaflow high flow cat soon as well.

Intakes coming in the first of the week. It'll go on as soon as I get it. Got the dry filter from AFE. Hopfully there will be a bit of MPG increase with TB, spacer, better flowing intake, and now muffler.

Sound like a decent flowing set-up?
Unread 08-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #83
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillinCherokee View Post
Your gonna love that SYE. Amazing results! Man your gonna be like "What was I thinking before". No offense to those who can not afford one. They're quite expensive little thangs!! What kind of bushing do you have in the rear springs? Poly or rubber? Please say poly....
Why would he want poly? From what I've read on here, rubber is the way to go on Jeeps. Poly is great for stiff suspensions that you don't want much play in, like sports cars. I had delrin and urethane bushings all over my mustang suspension, but I think the 'give' that you get with rubber is better when you are trying to flex and have the suspension work properly offroad.
Unread 08-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #84
Toliver09
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Poly bushing just last longer... I have plenty of flex with my poly bushing, but yes you can definately feel the road through the poly's.
Unread 08-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #85
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I'm satisfied with my rubbers. Ill just lube them they work good.

Got new poly ones in my shackles though. They look new and are lubed good I'll make sure twice because all of my front suspension stuff has poly bushings and I have to lube them like crazy to keep them from squeeking.
Unread 08-29-2008, 06:05 AM   #86
Whackmaster
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice ride...........
Whackmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #87
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man. Anyone have any experience with these Tuff Country leafs?

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...con/49390.html
Unread 09-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #88
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys huge update!

SYE is done! No pics of the install cuz I was so ready to get the damn thing done. It went pretty OK for the first time doing anything like it. Had to leave to get a gear puller and left my wallet but my dad was on his way because I forgot the 1 1/8" socket I needed.

NO VIBES!!! nothing what so ever. I just put my front driveshaft in the rear and I'm going to get a junkyard front one this week at the pick-n-pull. I'm happy with it overall.

Oh and I put the shackles in Friday night and after those the vibes were pretty much constant. Big change driving homw from the shop today. Only took me like 5 hours LOL.
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #89
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, so I found a front driveshaft on ebay for $55 shipped and ordered it on a whim. Then AA had their SYE on sale for $199 with free shipping so I went ahead and bought that too. Do I need anything else for the install? I happen to already have a gear puller from AutoZone sitting at my house and I'll pick up a set of snap ring pliers soon. Will the driveshaft bolt right up to the yolk in the SYE kit?
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #90
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just a suggestion:
It is a good idea to get your SYE in first then measure and order your drive shaft to be sure it's the correct length.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.