My 98 Sport Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My 98 Sport Build Thread

Spiderwebshade @ JeepHut.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #61
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

thats pretty cool...a lot cheaper than the thing i wasted 65 bucks on lol

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #62
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Took about an hour an 15. I started with some 1/2"x5" and had to saw cut it down then got it all square with the mill and the bolt centers were 2.5"x2.5" so that wasnt bad at all. Its about 1mm bigger on each side than the intake manifold but itll work nicely. Dunno if itll help or not. Mine was free so no money wasted just bored after work.

Shackles came in after hunting then down at the post office and SYE is sitting there. Cant decide if I wanna start on it or not. Weather aint cooperating so IDK bout this week.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #63
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofire75 View Post
And of an awesome TJ on 20s!!!...:

Pretty sweet huh!?
That made me throw up. Where did you see this? Not local I hope.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #64
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yup damn it. Right in the middle of town. Actually right beside the local 4x4 Line-x

figures...
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #65
ruegergage
2001 XJ Cherokee 

the sway bar disconnects in the front and no sway bar in the rear is the way to go. thats what i have on my xj with a 6.5 inch lift and its awesome and it makes all the difference in the world when it comes time to flex out and keep those tires planted on the ground.
ruegergage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #66
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yep I hear ya. Now that I have new shocks in the rear flex has increased alot. I keep the front connected but will disco front when wheeling once I make my 1/2" spacer thats going in there soon. Therears getting another 3/4" so I can disco out back as well. We'll see how flew goes when I do that.
Unread 08-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #67
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My buddy's XJ has no rear swaybar but his shocks are too short for the lift he's got and as mentioned the tires don't stay planted on the ground. I recently upgraded my shocks as well so I gave him my 4" over shocks to replace his 2" over shocks so that should help him out. Here is his with the 2" over shocks, notice the rear driverside off the ground.

Now here is my TJ in the same spot but with plenty of length on my shocks.

I have my front swaybar connected so it's not as flexed out as the rear.
Unread 08-26-2008, 11:03 AM   #68
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Pic whore....LOL jk

Thats how my rear flex was until I got the MX6s
Unread 08-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #69
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just ordered some disco's this morning from JO. Do yourself a favor and completely ditch the rear sway bar. I was going to keep mine on as well because its a DD, but I decided screw it and took it off. Haven't had a single problem. My lift/tire size is similar to yours and even with my trimmed fenders, this past week I tucked a rear tire inside the fender. It was pretty extreme, can't wait to see the flex with the discos on.
Unread 08-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #70
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine runs a Currie Anti-Rock up front and no sway bar in the rear on his XJ, the same set up I run on my LJ, and he swears by it. I've seen it work and it seems to do the job, it flexes great.
Unread 08-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #71
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I need to get some quick discos. I gotta do the rear shackles sometime this week. I might yank the sway out.

Any noticable difference in ride and handling?

I bored out a TB tonight. Got off at 5 and my uncles doind a 81 CJ7 resto and had an extra 4.0L TB. I bored it out flush with the taper so its smooth throughout. Only problem is on the right side of my TB mounted up there is a sensor type plug in. The TB I used came off a 94. What is the thing on the right side of my 98s TB and not on the 94?

Looks like its just a plug mounted on he side of the TB nothing really to do with it. Hopfully the bored one will work even though it aint got it....

Ill find out. Headed home and I'll probably throw it on and see. Want to go ahead and put the spacer and TB on so I can see if theres any noticable difference once I install the AFE intake.
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #72
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofire75 View Post
Yeah I need to get some quick discos. I gotta do the rear shackles sometime this week. I might yank the sway out.
Any noticable difference in ride and handling?
Yank it and see what you think on the road, you can always throw it back in.
As for differences, I have done this many times and the outcome is always the same. A little more body roll on the road but not bad and a huge difference off-road. The only set-up I like better is duel Anti-Rocks.
Keep in mind that using disconnects and having no rear sway bar will leave you very loose and may cause excessive body roll and some lack of traction.
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #73
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the XJ I posted up has no rear swaybar and it's been that way for about 4years now and no noticable difference on the road.
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #74
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The 94 TB wont work MAP sensor....

Ill bore out my 98's tomorrow. Anyone need a bored 94 TB?

I threw in my spacer and it seemed to make a difference. When I was hard on the gas it seemed to open up and throttle responce was a bit better. IDK but seemed like it shifted funny though like the throttle surged right as it shifted. Could that have anything to do with the TBS yall think?
Unread 08-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #75
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

With the stiffer springs of a lift kit, the swaybar really isnt needed. I feel little sway from the rear with my lift.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.