My 98 Sport Build Thread - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My 98 Sport Build Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #256
justanotherjpr

Glad to see I'm not the only one with minimal up travel in the rear!

justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #257
Jon00XJ

Was you in cleveland the other day? I swear if you wasnt you jeep has an identical twin lol
Jon00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #258
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebout View Post
Any updates?
not really. Had to get the GFs bday over with. It was in June and just got her present the other day...lol

gonna fix the rear and redo the front LA joints here next. Built a tree stand instead of roof rack. Deer season is really close to being here. Needed a few things so that's set me back too. You know how that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one with minimal up travel in the rear!
yeah I had to make those bumpstops the night before we went wheelin. I warped my rear quarter and slashed into the tire so that wasn't good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
Was you in cleveland the other day? I swear if you wasnt you jeep has an identical twin lol
No sir. There better not be one like mine haha. Haven't seen one. There's a purpleish one on 35s kinda like mine. It's bigger and has a winch bumper though.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #259
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

it sure is nice to have gearing! LOL. Im running 5.13's with 35's and getting about 17 MPG highway. (im running D60's btw). Just wondering what kind of MPG's you get. You never know, like in my dads TJ (33's, 4cyl, 4.10's) gets like 12, and its a 5spd!

And one more thing, is it just me or did you have like three different lift kits? I love that black grill and maroon body. I think Im going to paint my grill black (moss green).
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #260
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaubinoe View Post
it sure is nice to have gearing! LOL. Im running 5.13's with 35's and getting about 17 MPG highway. (im running D60's btw). Just wondering what kind of MPG's you get. You never know, like in my dads TJ (33's, 4cyl, 4.10's) gets like 12, and its a 5spd!

And one more thing, is it just me or did you have like three different lift kits? I love that black grill and maroon body. I think Im going to paint my grill black (moss green).

I average around 16. Went on a 100ish mile round trip drive today through the mountians. I averaged around 16 all the way and I was in 3rd quite a bit. It did change gears quite a bit but not reall anymore than it did when I was on 32s and stock gearing driving the same roads.

Yeah I started with a 4" CAGE and swapped all of it out as quick as I could for random stuff.

Ive got 6.5" Rustys coils, Rough Country 4.5" leafs, Rustys 1.25" shackles, RE monos out back, Pro Comp MX6 monos up front, and custom LAs.

Ive tested quite a few companys' parts haha.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #261
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Dude, 35's on stock steering? Hope you never wheel in rocks.
Unread 09-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #262
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Who D?

10 chara
Unread 12-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #263
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well, been doing a lot of hunting and not much work on the Heep.

And after about 8 months of being affraid it finally happened...Broke my Rusty's track bar(suprise, suprise). Snapped at the jam nut.

Good news is I called IRO and they have me a double shear HD bar and bracket coming in today! I'll snap some pics of the install and the carnage later this evening.

Luckily it broke when I was in the parking lot at work. Aint been able to drive the Jeep since Tuesday...

Here soon Im going to add a few things to my LAs to keep them good for another little while as well as bumpers with my tax resturn in Feb.
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #264
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

3 years later, hows the cherokee doing?
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.