my 2000 XJ Build Thread! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > my 2000 XJ Build Thread!

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-20-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

my 2000 XJ Build Thread!

ok so here that thing i just pick up a 2000 XJ
i have started working on it but my progress is gonna be slow so no posting requests for updates! if you want just follow along and i keep you as up to date as possible

In the Beginning:
Patroit Blue XJ

First MOD
3" Rusty's lift
32" Baja Wide Track a/t's
and bushwacker Flares!

then i added my Rusty's Sticker! :-)

i also stripped off all the badges... thought it looked cleaner and everyone can tell its a jeep...
thats all for now when i do the next thing i'll be sure to post it up
the next mod is a rear drawer/sub box set up for the trunk. its gonna be sick :-) prolly have pics this weekend :-)

more to came soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
You forgot the splints for busted fingers and shrink tube for all the frayed wires grounding out inside the door
BlueXJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
krapgnus

looks great! I was thinking about picking up a used set of those wheels - they look pretty slick
krapgnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
billabongopblue
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nice, how do you like the rusty's lift? did you get the full leaf pack?

ill take those emblems off your hands lol.
billabongopblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

i did get the leaf pack and sorry the badges are gone.. well most of them i have the one of the cherokee sport ones on my wall in the garage. and the "jeep" ones i gave to a friend. sorry :-(
Quote:
You forgot the splints for busted fingers and shrink tube for all the frayed wires grounding out inside the door
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
billabongopblue
1996 XJ Cherokee 

how do you like the lift? does it ride good for you? how much lift did you get out of it?
billabongopblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
OlBlueBucket8
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Is it me or do they look small for 32"s? Also any issues since the lift been put on?
5inch lift: Rustys XD 3inch Full Pack. IRO UCA and LCA. 2in Coil spacer and RC Leaf Shakle in Rear. IRO SS Brake Lines and RC 5in shocks. IRO Double Shear Track Bar and SBL. Tenneco Steering Stabilizer. Rugged Ridge SYE XJ Front D/S, AR Outlaws and Some 33x10.5 BFG AT
OlBlueBucket8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #7
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongopblue View Post
how do you like the lift? does it ride good for you? how much lift did you get out of it?
the lift is a little rought on the road.. but not too bad. not sure of the stock height to lifted height comparison. sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBlueBucket8 View Post
Is it me or do they look small for 32"s? Also any issues since the lift been put on?
i gaurentee they are 32's and so far no issues with the life.
Quote:
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
OlBlueBucket8
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds good, Only reason Im putting the same lift on this week. Im wondering if I had to wait for the SYE to come in the mail first.
5inch lift: Rustys XD 3inch Full Pack. IRO UCA and LCA. 2in Coil spacer and RC Leaf Shakle in Rear. IRO SS Brake Lines and RC 5in shocks. IRO Double Shear Track Bar and SBL. Tenneco Steering Stabilizer. Rugged Ridge SYE XJ Front D/S, AR Outlaws and Some 33x10.5 BFG AT
OlBlueBucket8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

ok so this weekend i had a friend of mine (also a Jeep owner and a body guy) paint the raido cluster bezel the same color as the body of my XJ. i think it looks awesome!

then i took a minute while the paint was drying to take a fgfew pics of my Cherokee and his Wrangler.

then i gave the ol' XJ a bath :-)

so far that all did a little more work of the storage drawers/sub box combo. have pics up soon.
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.