My '01 Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > My '01 Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My '01 Build Thread

Well I guess theres another one You guys are a bad influence I guess LOL I ordered a 2" Tearflex coil spacer and am going to pick up a set of S10 leafs on Tuesday, so hopefully Tuesday night or wednesday afternoon I will be sitting up 2" and on 31" Cooper Discoverer STTs (BADA$$ TIRES!!!!!) I picked up the tires today on sale for $377 for all 4, can't beat that with a stick.

But anyway heres the stock pics and my new tires and I'll have more soon enough And I painted the Eccos with fusion hammered grey spray paint. And the front sidemarker lights are niteshaded.

And here was my project for the other day, hiding my wires for my old *** Ipod LOL

Near future mods are to pull off my door trim and put on some undercoating of some sort from the door line down. Then as more money comes in I plan on ordering 3" rusty's springs, more rear lift???, armor, and custom front and rear bumpers. And some body work, I got hit in the passengers side rear about a year and a half ago and am still working with that

Ninety5poloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
jjg214
2001 XJ Cherokee 

you can use shackles to give you another inch in the back on top of the basterd pack. the most expensive shackles run 100 bucks for 2, and those are the clearance 'boomerang' style, straight ones can be had for 50 IIRC rough country sells adjustable ones

detours backbone system for sale
jjg214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg214 View Post
you can use shackles to give you another inch in the back on top of the basterd pack. the most expensive shackles run 100 bucks for 2, and those are the clearance 'boomerang' style, straight ones can be had for 50 IIRC rough country sells adjustable ones
Yeah that won't be until at least next spring. I'm just going to gather parts over the winter and get the jeep ready. I also forgot to mention HnT SYE, CV shaft, shocks, rear locker, rear disks, yadda yadda, yadda. I plan to be sitting about 4.5 on 33s or bigger at some point, but I have my Camaro that requires lots of money too LOL and I don't have much
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
mxboarder17
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How did you get those tires for that cheap?!?!
mxboarder17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboarder17 View Post
How did you get those tires for that cheap?!?!
Grand opening at a new farm and fleet, buy 3 get one free and $100 worth of mail in rebates. Cost me $477 today, but I get $100 back in a couple weeks. But either way it was $113 a tire today, better than $165 that they normally are.

Tomorrow I'm going to pull the wheels off of my moms jeep and mount my old tires on them and mount the STTs on my wheels. That way when I get the lift done on Tuesday I can just swap wheels That way I can still drive it and have everything ready to go so I don't have to drive around on 235s with a 2" But mostly I just want to see how the STTs look mounted up
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok well the junk yards around me are getting greedier and greedier. I called the other day about a set of leafs and was told $50, perfect thats not bad, so I called them back today to have them pulled out and the guys says that they are $50 per leaf so $100 for the set. WTF I can get brand new ones for $150.

So I called my local parts stores and I can either get a block or an AAL for $30. I would much rather do a bastard pack, and am making some more phone calls so I'll see where that takes me. But if all goes well I will have the coil spacers and rear done tomorrow night and everything mounted up mabye today or tomorrow morning. But I have a set of leaf springs from my fullsize chevy so I'm going to measure them today and see if I can make them work.
Unread 09-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The tires look awesome, and why not the add a leaf ,and shackle. That way you already have some of the stuff you need to go bigger, and it will do great to get your rear up, for about 80 bucks, 50 for shackle, and 30 for AAL.... my 2 cents...
XJNUTTIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to pick up an AAL locally for now, actually in about an hour or as soon as the slow UPS guy gets here Tomorrow the tires will get mounted up and I can't wait, these tires look way more bada$$ in person, I can't wait to see what they look like on the jeep.

But tonight the spacers and AAL will be done and I'll try to remember my camera to get some pics, hopefully I don't need any trimming
Unread 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If you pull the center caps from those rims and paint them black, then use detail paint on the "Jeep" it looks really sick. Very similar to the AEV wheels.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

^^^that does look good, but I'm going for the more "murdered out" look. I may actually paint my wheels black, but everyone and their brother started doing it after me and my brother did our wheels LOL.
Unread 09-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well I have to wait until next week because I apparently don't read the whole listing when I ordered the spacers. They had 2 spacers in the picture but at the very bottom the list "sold individually" But I have 2 more coming that are 2.25" spacers instead of just 2" thanks to my cousin, so hopefully they will be here by wednesday at the latest.

And I found a set of S10 leafs for cheap so today I'm going to pick those up, I think the bastard pack is a better route than the AAL, but thats just my .02
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #12
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok today I made some good progress. Tires are mounted and balanced and they fit without a lift LOL, but not very well. Hitting bumps in the road made the rear tires hit and if there was a dip in the road on a corner the front tire would rub, but the tires are nice so far. No wondering, or weird vibrations, and they aren't very noisey, just a light hum at highway speeds.

But then I drove to my parents garage to work on the rear end. I was going to clean up the leafs and paint them, but I killed the angle grinder with the wire wheel on it so I bypassed that step LOL. But the bottom leafs on both sides of my jeep were broken which really surprises me since its only got 70k miles on it, but not a big deal. Kept the top leaf in place and installed the S10 2nd leaf, then the Jeep 2nd leaf, then the S10 3rd leaf, and the Jeep 3rd leaf. I may install the S10 overload spring, but my leafs actually have an arch to them now I had to drill out the jeeps leaf springs to 3/8" holes to work with the pins I got, which didn't fit into the axle saddle, but tomorrow I'm going to hunt down new ones.

But I forgot my camera, but tomorrow I'll take some pics before it button up the rear end. I also removed the rear sway bar and if all goes well tomorrow I will start on some sway bar quick discos.
Unread 09-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #13
DC4W-93XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Cooper STT's very nice choice.. i'd find some tires for the road though... i only got about 10,000 miles out of mine.. wish i saved them for offroad, a tire to swear by for sure..
SEE THE BUILD HERE
DC4W-93XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #14
DC4W-93XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

$377 for all 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im callin the cops!! i paid $800 for my 33x12.50x15s, that was in May of '07 though
SEE THE BUILD HERE
DC4W-93XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Ninety5poloz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

LOL well I have talked to several local guys that run them and one of them has 40k miles on them and they are still about 1/4 tread left on his half ton chevy. The other guy has 15k miles on them and they are on a duramax crew cab and he said they are about bald. But the tires on the 1/2 ton were rotated every 3k miles and rebalanced every 6k miles and the dmax he just ran them without rotating, but thats a heavy truck too.

I plan on rotating them every oil change and keeping a good alignment, but if they wear out I guess I'll get some nittos. Those tires are simply badass. My dad has a 1/2 ton dodge with a 3" lift on 35" nitto terra grapplers and they are showing no wear at 10k miles and go through anything he has taken it on great.

Thanks for the heads up though man.

But I'm heading back out right now and I have my camera, so pics tonight hopefully of the rear complete.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.