mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > mod

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 09-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

mod

So I got an Explorer. I noticed it had a doorlock switch conveniently by the back door and I want the same thing for my Cherokee. So I went to pull a part and pulled one from an Explorer and I'm going to mount it upside down in that cubby on the side of the Cherokee, where it won't get bumped when I load up. There are 3 wires and I want to wire it in with the least amount of wire. Does anyone have a simple schematic and/or suggestions? http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps55321606.jpg

Last edited by Worktruck; 09-09-2014 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: pic
Worktruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I want to do the same thing.
I got as far as determining that an orange/purple wire triggers the lock RELAYS and a pink/white actuates the locks.
I am assuming that supplying power to either will cause the locks to lock, but I don't remember which wires UNlocks the locks...
There are viewable versions of the FSM online here:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...?utm_source=cj
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

note the time between posts. I used a dremel connected to a 110 invertor to save some time cutting.
Unread 09-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I should need a ground (which I can locate anywhere) and a 12v lock, 12v unlock wires. The Fsm seemed to just be a part breakdown. I didn't see any wiring. Oh... and the switch needs to be removable to get the panel in and out, otherwise it won't clear the sheetmetal. I just pinched the install clips with channel locks and mine pops in and out with a screwdriver.
Unread 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worktruck View Post
I should need a ground (which I can locate anywhere) and a 12v lock, 12v unlock wires. The Fsm seemed to just be a part breakdown. I didn't see any wiring. Oh... and the switch needs to be removable to get the panel in and out, otherwise it won't clear the sheetmetal. I just pinched the install clips with channel locks and mine pops in and out with a screwdriver.
"Online repair manual" section.
Select vehicle and year, then in the category section scroll down to "wiring diagrams". Should be a full on schematic.
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Finally found the section referred to, aaaand my phone can't view it for some reason. Can someone look for me. I just need to know which 2 wires trigger lock and unlock. Prettt sure I don't need anything special to trigger those functions on a 99xj 4 door.
Unread 09-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

N/m figured it out with a meter. Light blue and red wire lock. Dark blue and pink unlock.
Unread 09-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps3b467b0f.mp4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.