mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > mod

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

mod

So I got an Explorer. I noticed it had a doorlock switch conveniently by the back door and I want the same thing for my Cherokee. So I went to pull a part and pulled one from an Explorer and I'm going to mount it upside down in that cubby on the side of the Cherokee, where it won't get bumped when I load up. There are 3 wires and I want to wire it in with the least amount of wire. Does anyone have a simple schematic and/or suggestions? http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps55321606.jpg

Last edited by Worktruck; 09-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: pic
Worktruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I want to do the same thing.
I got as far as determining that an orange/purple wire triggers the lock RELAYS and a pink/white actuates the locks.
I am assuming that supplying power to either will cause the locks to lock, but I don't remember which wires UNlocks the locks...
There are viewable versions of the FSM online here:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...?utm_source=cj
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

note the time between posts. I used a dremel connected to a 110 invertor to save some time cutting.
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I should need a ground (which I can locate anywhere) and a 12v lock, 12v unlock wires. The Fsm seemed to just be a part breakdown. I didn't see any wiring. Oh... and the switch needs to be removable to get the panel in and out, otherwise it won't clear the sheetmetal. I just pinched the install clips with channel locks and mine pops in and out with a screwdriver.
Unread 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worktruck View Post
I should need a ground (which I can locate anywhere) and a 12v lock, 12v unlock wires. The Fsm seemed to just be a part breakdown. I didn't see any wiring. Oh... and the switch needs to be removable to get the panel in and out, otherwise it won't clear the sheetmetal. I just pinched the install clips with channel locks and mine pops in and out with a screwdriver.
"Online repair manual" section.
Select vehicle and year, then in the category section scroll down to "wiring diagrams". Should be a full on schematic.
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Finally found the section referred to, aaaand my phone can't view it for some reason. Can someone look for me. I just need to know which 2 wires trigger lock and unlock. Prettt sure I don't need anything special to trigger those functions on a 99xj 4 door.
Unread 09-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

N/m figured it out with a meter. Light blue and red wire lock. Dark blue and pink unlock.
Unread 09-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
Worktruck
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps3b467b0f.mp4

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.