Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Mishimoto Radiator

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TJ4Jim 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a Mishimoto Rad, looking to replace my Sons rad in his 98 XJ and he likes the Mishimoto in my TJ. I contacted Mishimoto and they could not confirm fitment with the auto trans but it does have the trans cooler connections.

Any help would be appreciated.

#8 ·
RHD XJ radiators have the heat exchanger, stupidly dangling in the hot side of the radiator.

You need a tranny cooler with a RHD radiator.
Presumably - thats why the dinky little factory tranny cooler, was fitted as standard on RHD models.

Double check that the RHD, electric aux fan, lower mounting slots, are compatible with LHD fitment.

Some that fitted LHD radiators, down here, have had to do a little tweaking .. ;);)

... other than that ... just bypass the radiator and run the oil lines to a proper cooler.

#9 ·
Anyway, my original radiator finally started leaking at the tank-core seam recently. I replaced it with a Spectra rad from Amazon for $75. I haven't had it long, but it looks as good as I could ask for, and after a couple weeks I haven't had a problem. Fit was perfect, and it even came with new AC brackets in case your originals are shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.