Maybe the blower motor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Maybe the blower motor?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
ricchione
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe the blower motor?

Hopefully I can get some help with my blower issue. Alright, here's the story. 99 Cherokee XJ. One problem I really gotta get fixed is my defrost cuz I just failed for it. At first my defrost hardly worked and the heat blew enough that I didn't freeze this last winter, the AC worked fine. Now only a little cold and hot air comes out. I can hear the resistor (?) make a slight hum when I change the temp control, but that stops shortly after I change it. Guys, any help you could give would be really appreciated. I thought it would be the blower motor but before I go and do all the work replacing it, I want to be more certain that is the issue.

ricchione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Inspect the dashboard switch and wires. Look for burned/melted bits and probe for both voltage and wire continuity. Inspect the blower motor relay and wires (behind the glove box), look for burned/melted bits and probe for both voltage and wire continuity. Inspect the blower motor resistor and its wire plug, look for burned/melted bits and probe for both voltage and continuity.

Apply 12 volts directly to the blower fan motor to test the fan.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
ricchione
1999 XJ Cherokee 

first i thought it would be an easy fix by getting a new climate control panel, so i did and still didnt work. the day i posted this. by the time i had posted this i had done all of that except apply voltage to the blower motor itself. i havent the slightest how to give it voltage.. i had seen somewhere that i might take wire and run it right from the battery to the blower motor? either way, i know i have an ohm-meter; i just dont know where. *sigh* its sounding like im going to have to replace the blower motor as none of the wiring looks damaged. quite the opposite, it looks almost new.
ricchione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
buildin1XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

YES apply voltage directly from the battery before replacing parts.
buildin1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.