MasterCraft Seats!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > MasterCraft Seats!!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 07-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
MaroonedXJ

MasterCraft Seats!!

I just noticed that the adapter for Jeep TJ ('97-'02) and XJ ('84-'02) are the same part with MasterCraft. Does that mean that I can use TJ seats in an XJ? I really need to replace mine since the accident broke the welds on the driver's frame. I bent it back but it still needs to be replaced. Also, are the back seats roughly the same size? I want the front and back to match and was thinking of a cover from MasterCraft or somewhere else since I cant find covers for the XJ back seat. Any ideas????

1992 [COLOR="Red"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Cherokee[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Laredo[/COLOR] 4.0
[] IIIIIII [][/CENTER]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"]Maroon Jeep Club Member #[/FONT] [/SIZE][FONT="Arial"] [SIZE="1"]who knows[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
MaroonedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
bills79jeep

My dad has a TJ and I would say the front seats are the same as my XJ just from looking, but I don't know about the frame. The rear seat on the other hand is very different. It is probably a foot or more shorter in the TJ than the XJ.

Bill
bills79jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Moose_God
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm...that got me to thinking...what if you put a TJ backseat in an XJ, then built some custom storage lockers or tooloxes to go in the newly freed-up space? Just an idea...
94 Cherokee Sport 4wd (converted from 2wd), AW4, NP231 w/SYE, 6" bastard lift, RC drop brackets, IRO trackbar, 33x12.5 Goodyear MTRs, HDoffroad subframe connectors, prerunner front bumper, homebrew rear bumper, flowmaster 40, 96 booster swap., upgraded headlight harness, 4.56 gears (finally!!!)
Moose_God is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
hmmhoyhoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Moose_God Hmm...that got me to thinking...what if you put a TJ backseat in an XJ, then built some custom storage lockers or tooloxes to go in the newly freed-up space? Just an idea...
I am diggin that idea, next time I go up the the Jeep junkyard I am going to take some measurements and see how hard it would be to make somethin like that happen
37" BFG AT's

02 WJ Overland
hmmhoyhoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
MaroonedXJ

This is just frustrating. No one makes covers for the back seat. WHY?? Not to mention that EVERYONE makes replacement seats for Wranglers but NO ONE makes seats for XJ's!!! The guy that fixed my jeep couldnt even find a replacement. I really dont want to go and get a junk-yard seat because these guys up here will really rip you off. For the same price I could get a new Corbeau Sport seat almost. I thought about just folding the back seat down permanently, but I enjoy it too much for that... Does anyone have aftermarket seats in their XJ's that can share pics of the setup?

1992 [COLOR="Red"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Cherokee[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Laredo[/COLOR] 4.0
[] IIIIIII [][/CENTER]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"]Maroon Jeep Club Member #[/FONT] [/SIZE][FONT="Arial"] [SIZE="1"]who knows[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
Unread 07-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonedXJ
This is just frustrating. No one makes covers for the back seat.
Your not looking hard enough...

CLICK ME

LEAD_NOT_FOLLOW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
t bell

Are TJ seats any more comfortable than the XJ seats (84-02)
t bell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2006, 11:25 AM   #8
XJohnnyC

Wet Okole also makes covers for the back seat. Check the Quadratec catalog. A little $$ though.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #9
MaroonedXJ

I think I am just going to replace the fronts and leave it at that. With the new Grand coming up sometime in either December or April next year I can afford to have a 2 seat XJ.

[] IIIIIII [][/CENTER]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.