Massive Stuck and wheeling pics (caution - a lot of pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Massive Stuck and wheeling pics (caution - a lot of pics)

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-13-2003, 08:18 PM   #1
RedJeepXJ

Massive Stuck and wheeling pics (caution - a lot of pics)

First, I know you all really wanna see the stuck pics

I was trying to keep the ditch between the wheels but the left side gave way and swallowed my jeep, the rear wheel didn't slope in it just fell straight down a good 2 feet, the right rear wheel was in the air, and the right front had no traction, It took about 2 hours to get this out, with no shovel, just 3 tow ropes,2 hand winches

It was quite difficult just getting in/out of it

Not the ideal way to pull it but the right wheel wasn't getting any traction so I wrapped a tow rope around it and it worked kind of like a winch, also aired down the tires alot, filled in part of the rut with branches and rocks and whatever else we could find

RedJeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
RedJeepXJ

Now onto the wheeling pictures

Had to get a few of this, I got some good articulation even with add-a-leafs and stock shocks in the back

a rutted hill

a little mud

any Questions, comments, insults etc.....
Unread 04-13-2003, 08:35 PM   #3
quickdodge

Cool. I can't wait to do stuff like that. Later, QD.

[url]www.spiritseekers.info[/url]
quickdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2003, 09:01 PM   #4
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice stuck pics! That ditch sure is deep and looks precarious. When I wheel alone I worry about getting stuck like that so I'm extra carefull. Did you have another vehicle there to help pull you out? It looks like you used several creative ideas to get it out!

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally posted by EricsXJ
Nice stuck pics! That ditch sure is deep and looks precarious. When I wheel alone I worry about getting stuck like that so I'm extra carefull. Did you have another vehicle there to help pull you out? It looks like you used several creative ideas to get it out!
By wheel alone do you mean with no other jeeps or with no other people, cause I was wheeling with just me and my friend (one jeep), we had to do it all on our own, I always have about 80~90ft of tow rope and winch cable

It wouldn't have been the worst place to get stuck, the trail is heavily used by dirt bikes and atv's, the entire trail is within a very short walking distance to a paved road
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:55 AM   #6
XJBill

i was stuck like that in the fall, only i was on a hill, and both my right tires were off the ground, took a long long *** time (4 hours) to get it back up the hill, it was slicked over in mud. my nose end was in a bit worse....
[B]AMCrazy[/B].89 Xj, 2 door, 4.0, select-trac, aw4 tranny with manual shift switches and torque converter lock up, 6" of lift, 32x11.5 bfg mudders, on board air, tj flares, SYE, pre runner front bumper, rock sliders, roof rack, axle truss' hella and eagle eye lights, truck bed liner paint job, rci seats and harness' cobra cb, K&N cone, m.o.r.e. motor mounts, etc...
XJBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:48 AM   #7
RedJeepXJ

some more details....

this was also the first time I had been stuck with it, and it was starting to get dark so I was worried If we were even going to be able to get it out, the pic doesn't show it too well, but the rut completely swallowed my left rear tire (only the top 1" or so was above the side of the rut so it had to be a good 2.5ft deep (31" tires) and on top of that both axles were resting on the edge of rut so I couldn't get any traction

In the tow rope on the wheel pic, that's after it rotated it, put it on the front so it rotated and pulled it like a winch

I amazed that even with the 2~2.5 ft fall it didn't break or even dent anything, I've looked everything over and the worst I found was some scraped paint
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:02 PM   #8
RedJeepXJ

a few more pics

Unread 04-14-2003, 09:07 PM   #9
hjeepxj

do you have 4.56s????!!!

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #10
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally posted by hjeepxj
do you have 4.56s????!!!
no, why?
I just have the stock gearing (I believe for the 4cyl it's 4.10) plus an auto
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:22 PM   #11
hjeepxj

Quote:
Originally posted by Scs748

no, why?
I just have the stock gearing (I believe for the 4cyl it's 4.10) plus an auto
well, yours is the 1st 3spd auto 4banger I have seen! theyre supposed to have 4.56s...

is the tag still on there?

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:34 PM   #12
RedJeepXJ

Quote:
Originally posted by hjeepxj

well, yours is the 1st 3spd auto 4banger I have seen! theyre supposed to have 4.56s...

is the tag still on there?
that's interesting, where would the tag most likely be on the axle (it's all covered with mud) and what would it say on it if it does have 4:56's?
Unread 04-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #13
hjeepxj

Quote:

that's interesting, where would the tag most likely be on the axle (it's all covered with mud) and what would it say on it if it does have 4:56's?
it would be about a 3" long peice of metal, running perpendicular to the ground, and its about half an inch thick

it will have some #s on it, if it has 41-09, it has 4.56s

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green
Unread 04-15-2003, 06:35 PM   #14
RedJeepXJ

I couldn't find anything like that on either axle, all I found on the front was I believe 60-7AF but that was molded into it so I don't think that's what you were talking about

beleive me I looked everywhere for a plate, it wasn't on there
I guess when I have the diff cover off to install the locker I'll have to count teeth
Unread 04-15-2003, 07:06 PM   #15
hjeepxj

Quote:
I guess when I have the diff cover off to install the locker I'll have to count teeth
allrighty! I really want to make sure there actually were some stock 4.56's

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

-Pat Green

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.