Manual to power windows. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Manual to power windows.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
KeoniSitar
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Manual to power windows.

I no longer have an ac and I live up in Flagstaff so I can run with the windows down almost all the time but I have manual windows so its difficult to roll them all up or down from the drivers seat when I drive around or decide I want to roll them down. Has anyone ever done a full door swap or just pulled the parts needed? Or if anyone could point me in the direction of a writeup? Thanks for the help!!!

KeoniSitar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Replace the doors is probably the easiest route. Definitely easier than replacing the door panels and everything internal. Other than it's simply a matter of wiring the switches.

I've considered it for the same reasons. Pass front door is annoying but doable to roll up from the drivers seat, but the back ones suck.
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Actually, replacing/installing a door wire harness and/or the power window regulators is nontechnical, relatively easy, and is plug and play for 1997-2001. I have removed/replaced wire harness and window regulators and removed/replaced entire doors, I would rather swap the door guts, than swap a whole door.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
KeoniSitar
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the replies. Thats exactly what I was hoping for was that it was just going to be a plug and play upgrade. Sorry for posting a nontechnical on the technical forum, it was my first post and I wasn't sure so thanks for giving me a better idea of what is technical and nontechnical issue.
KeoniSitar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.