lower ball joint problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > lower ball joint problem

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
jeepnphreak
1989 XJ Cherokee 

lower ball joint problem

OK
Iam in the process of replacing the ball joints. all smooth except for one small hicup. part K3137t moog lower ball joint.

the Zerx fitting is too tall, the U-joint from the axle hits the zerx. So much to the point of the axle will not turn.

The ball joint IS pressed to the lip that it is susposed to and the zerx is threaded all the way as far as I can get it in to the ball joint. thus I do not belive that I screwed up the install.
Does any one have any ideas to remedy this problem?

94 yj: stock everything and 4 angry squarrels under the hood.
jeepnphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
jeep95xj
Web Wheeler
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The ball joint should have come with a blank block off. The grease it up, remove the fitting, and screw the flat top fitting in. You cant grease it once the axle is back in anyway. It's pretty much a really low profile bolt that replaces the grease fitting.
jeep95xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
jeepnphreak
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, Ill have to track down two of the blank block off. My ball joints only came with the zerx fittings...

94 yj: stock everything and 4 angry squarrels under the hood.
jeepnphreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.