looking for a XJ need info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > looking for a XJ need info

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
MontyWilco

looking for a XJ need info

Hey, if any of you use the YJ forum you might know me, im looking to buy a XJ only for its drive line. I have a 2.5L in my YJ and would like a 4.0. What years where good in the XJ? i know mid 90's they started MPI in the wranglers but is it the same for these? are there any big bugs about anything in them i need to know of when i look at one? do you think ill be able to find one for under 1000$? thanks for the time.

MontyWilco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
Cody_00_XJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

i know that 99+ they redid the 4.0, but if you just want the driveline that may be costly. in 91? i think they started the high output but the millage on one that old may be high
Cody_00_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
pro street jeep
1985 XJ Cherokee 

keep an eye out for someone to post an add in your local paper for one thats been wrecked or for parts. there is a guy selling a whole xj here where i live for $300. right now. i pick them up for around that all the time. good luck.
now building "prostreetjeep II"
pro street jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
MontyWilco

thanks a lot guys, ill do that, but jeeps are expensive around me, even wrecked ones are like 2 grand.
MontyWilco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.