Looking for Tires? Suggestions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Looking for Tires? Suggestions?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #1
B-mac

Looking for Tires? Suggestions?

I am looking to get some 33's for my cherokee and was wondering what eveyone else is running and how they like them on and off road. I am looking for a mud terrain that will hold up ok on road. Jeep spends a good deal of time in mud but has a long paved path to get to it and i need something that will hold up. I was looking into getting Maxxis Buckshot Mudders because they are cheaper and i am poor at the moment but if they are junk i want to go with BFG Mud terrains and wait to get the rest of the money. Any suggestions would help or if anyone is interested in getthin rid of a set of 33's in northern ohio let me know.

B-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 02:56 AM   #2
sgt. Slaughter

I have run the Kumho mud tires on my Dakota. Great mudders and wear good on highway.

Have had good luck with Coopers as well.
sgt. Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 03:08 AM   #3
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ppppppooooosssssttt iiiiiinnnnn ttttthhhhhhheeeee ttttiiiirrrrrreeeee ffffffooooorrrrruuuummmmm

p.s. For onroad driving of a mud tire, roll the toyo open country M/Ts. hard tread = long street life

I'm running MT/Rs with much love and decent road wear
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
B-mac

i did post in tire forum just thought i would post here to to get more exposure!
Unread 02-12-2006, 07:08 AM   #5
Voyager

If you're looking for cheap, I have 235/75-15 all-terrain Liberators from Wal-Mart. Have done OK puddle-jumpin and a bit o' mud.
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 07:14 AM   #6
Bowhunter46563
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Trxus M/T's hands down been great in the Snow this year ,love the mud and offroad stuff. My Jeep is my DD great road manners.
http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
01 XJ/4" lift/33" DC Muds/Sidebiter Wheels/Surco/ Hi-lift/Pilot lights/Bad Apple Fab diff gaurds/Front and rear receiver hitches/Rusty's LCA's/ Magnaflow/Rubi HD Track bar and Brace/Big Daddy tie rod/TB Spacer/Ractive air intake/ Jet Stage 1/Pioneeer & Fusion Sound/AJ's Super rails/Warn Skid /BW Flat Flares/Bedlined Rockers and Quarters
Bowhunter46563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
xjrrrdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowhunter46563
Trxus M/T's hands down been great in the Snow this year ,love the mud and offroad stuff. My Jeep is my DD great road manners.
http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
X2! I have them in the 34" flavor and its my DD.
RE ZJ 3.5" coils with 1.75" spacer, DPG 5" springs, JKS 1" shackle/ Black Steelies 4" BS/ 34" Trxus MT / RK 3-link LA / Rock Monitor Front Bumper / RE XD Trackbar w/ mount / C-Rok Rear Bumper / Aussie Front Locker / AJs Sliders, RE H&T
www.rocklizardfabrications.com
xjrrrdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
FASTnSPEEDY
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-mac
I am looking to get some 33's for my cherokee and was wondering what eveyone else is running and how they like them on and off road. I am looking for a mud terrain that will hold up ok on road. Jeep spends a good deal of time in mud but has a long paved path to get to it and i need something that will hold up. I was looking into getting Maxxis Buckshot Mudders because they are cheaper and i am poor at the moment but if they are junk i want to go with BFG Mud terrains and wait to get the rest of the money. Any suggestions would help or if anyone is interested in getthin rid of a set of 33's in northern ohio let me know.
I've heard a lot of good things about buckshots, about everybody has had a set at one time or another. I can't tell you about how long they would last because everyone I know drives full size Chevys or Fords. But they have a pretty good reputation around where I live.

I've heard a lot of good things online about the TraXus MT online, but I don't know anyone personally that runs them. I've heard they are good for 40K miles.
[CENTER][B]'91 XJ [/B] 126,XXX miles (110,XXX when purchased), (was) in mint cond. stock, fully loaded. 4wd + np242 -Mods: Harbour Freight lights on the bumper. 30"s, 2" bb, exhaust, other small misc stuff.
'96 XLT MANual [COLOR=Navy][B]Ford[/B][/COLOR] Ranger 151,XXX miles (113,XXX when purchased), mostly stock except for Cooper A/T tires and a CB
'85 Toyota Pickup 156,000 miles 22R, on 33"s [/CENTER]
FASTnSPEEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 02:05 AM   #9
96JXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrrrdx
X2! I have them in the 34" flavor and its my DD.
X3!!!!! JIM.
Unread 02-13-2006, 04:19 AM   #10
BigOrangeXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

you know, I bought 33" baja claw radials in the fall cuz of a $150 rebate (not yet installed), and now I kind of wish I went with TrXus M/Ts. I see a lot of people running them
BigOrangeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 07:53 AM   #11
russkrs

I don't know if you are interested but I have a spare 33in Remington Mud Brute... I am trying to sell for $50 in the sale section.... It would save you from having to pay full price for your fifth tire.. I am located in eastern Indiana.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237374

As far as a recomendation I have always been impressed with Interco's tires. But if you are on a budget... Mud Rovers do alright too.
Unread 02-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #12
B-mac

BTT I like the suggestions and am keeping them in mind but most of them are above my price range. Has anyone had any bad experiences with the buckshots seems everyone tells me there is a better tire i just want to know if there is anything bad about the maxxis tire.
Unread 02-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #13
B-mac

Are Mastercraft Courser MT tires any good i found them for about 120 bucks a tire for 33's and that would leave me some extra money for other mods.
Unread 02-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #14
B-mac

B T T .....
Unread 02-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #15
deragheth

Go with the toyo M/T's they are around 100-120 and are a great tire both on and off road.
deragheth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.