looking for fellow NJ members to go wheeling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > looking for fellow NJ members to go wheeling

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
bjones

looking for fellow NJ members to go wheeling

whats up every one i been reading the site for a while adn decided i post to see if there are any xj'ers in NJ that go wheeling, we go out almost every sunday, but we are looking for new places. i have a 95 with 9" of lift long arms and 35's .
here is a link to my buddys site that has a few picts of my truck and a few others that go out.
http://www.msnusers.com/pureignoranc...ox.msnw?Page=1

anyway if anyone is up for some wheeling let me know.

bjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
anony91xj

Where in NJ are you? Where do you wheel?

I'm in Randolph...Morris County.
Unread 02-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
bjones

i live in cumberland county, we usually stick to the trails around here there are a few nasty clay pits and a lot of pits with holes, and hills . i ve been to a few places up 206, but they wernt anything worth talking about
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
jcr23

i'm in washington, warren county
Unread 02-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #5
Gsragtop

Begen county here, usually go wheeling off stag hill in Mahwah. Dont get to go as often as I would like, especially in the near past.. Hopeing to change that this year

JOSH
Gsragtop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
Lagooz00XJ

bergen county here as well, and wheel at stag hill too. Check out the Tri-State 4x4 website, we are a bunch of NJ, NY, PA wheelers with a little club/forum with monthly trips to Paragon or Rausch Creek.
Belly Armor
RE H&T w/ front shaft
Lagooz00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
mbood82
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
Where in NJ are you? Where do you wheel?

I'm in Randolph...Morris County.
Where do you wheel? I'm from Long Valley, just a few towns over. I also have alot of family in Randolph and Dover, including the family business. Didn't have too many places to wheel around there though...
mbood82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #8
anony91xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbood82
Where do you wheel? I'm from Long Valley, just a few towns over. I also have alot of family in Randolph and Dover, including the family business. Didn't have too many places to wheel around there though...
There are a few places around me...none are technically "legal", but they're far enough away from everything that no one complains and there's really no problems with it. What's the family buisness? Do you live in Maine or Long Valley?

Where is this Stag Hill?...I've never heard of it.
Unread 02-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #9
mbood82
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
There are a few places around me...none are technically "legal", but they're far enough away from everything that no one complains and there's really no problems with it. What's the family buisness? Do you live in Maine or Long Valley?
I am goin to school in Maine and legally live up here. However, I was born and raised in the Valley. My moms side of the family owns the Chevy/Olds dealer in Dover.

Do you have actual trails and stuff or just the construction sites and farmers fields we played in back in high school back home?
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
anony91xj

Quote:
I am goin to school in Maine and legally live up here. However, I was born and raised in the Valley. My moms side of the family owns the Chevy/Olds dealer in Dover.

Do you have actual trails and stuff or just the construction sites and farmers fields we played in back in high school back home?
They own Ayers Chevy/Olds? No kidding, my shop is always buying GM parts through that dealer...including more than a few Pontiac parts for my Grand Prix

They are mostly trails where we wheel, I'd assume the construction sites you're referring to have been finished and paved over, but I don't know what sites you're referring to
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
mbood82
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
They own Ayers Chevy/Olds? No kidding, my shop is always buying GM parts through that dealer...including more than a few Pontiac parts for my Grand Prix

They are mostly trails where we wheel, I'd assume the construction sites you're referring to have been finished and paved over, but I don't know what sites you're referring to
Yup, Ayers. Dave and Fred run it now, along with the Boyds I guess. I've put in a few hours there myself. :-D Glad to know you are giving them business, I dunno what is gonna happen when Olds finally bites the dust!

And yeah, we used to screw around on whatever construction sites and stuff that were around. We thought we were all "tough" and stuff, crawlin all over those "hills" and such. It was really rather sad looking back on it... I have much more fun now.
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:26 PM   #12
anony91xj

Quote:
Yup, Ayers. Dave and Fred run it now, along with the Boyds I guess. I've put in a few hours there myself. :-D Glad to know you are giving them business, I dunno what is gonna happen when Olds finally bites the dust!
I thought Olds was already done? They'll have to keep selling Chevys and servicing all the GM cars and trucks...they'll be OK
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #13
mbood82
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I dunno, I thought they still has some Olds left on the lot, but I ain't been home in a while anyways.. they could be out by now. I'm not too worried about them though, it just doesn't seem right to only have Chevy though.
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #14
zachv
Web Wheeler

Bjones, you need to know where to look when wheeling the Pines. Shoot me an e-mail and I will get you in touch with some people who can hook you up.

info@atozfabrication
570-385-3931--shop
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2005, 06:31 AM   #15
XJ Fanatic
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I'm in PA but wheel with a few jersey guys we always hit up Rausch creek or paragon.

02 WJ, 4.7ho, 3" lift, 33s, home brew rear bumper/tire carrier
XJ Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.