post #1 of Old 02-07-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
bjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3
looking for fellow NJ members to go wheeling

whats up every one i been reading the site for a while adn decided i post to see if there are any xj'ers in NJ that go wheeling, we go out almost every sunday, but we are looking for new places. i have a 95 with 9" of lift long arms and 35's .
here is a link to my buddys site that has a few picts of my truck and a few others that go out.
http://www.msnusers.com/pureignoranc...ox.msnw?Page=1

anyway if anyone is up for some wheeling let me know.

bjones is offline  
post #2 of Old 02-07-2005, 04:25 PM
anony91xj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,743
Where in NJ are you? Where do you wheel?

I'm in Randolph...Morris County.

1998 VW GTI 2.0
anony91xj is offline  
post #3 of Old 02-07-2005, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
bjones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3
i live in cumberland county, we usually stick to the trails around here there are a few nasty clay pits and a lot of pits with holes, and hills . i ve been to a few places up 206, but they wernt anything worth talking about
bjones is offline  
post #4 of Old 02-07-2005, 05:13 PM
jcr23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blacksburg, VA / Washington, NJ
Posts: 406
i'm in washington, warren county

2000 XJ, mildly modded
jcr23 is offline  
post #5 of Old 02-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Gsragtop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11
Begen county here, usually go wheeling off stag hill in Mahwah. Dont get to go as often as I would like, especially in the near past.. Hopeing to change that this year

JOSH
Gsragtop is offline  
post #6 of Old 02-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Lagooz00XJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NJ Exits 168, 105, 77 take your pick
Posts: 694
bergen county here as well, and wheel at stag hill too. Check out the Tri-State 4x4 website, we are a bunch of NJ, NY, PA wheelers with a little club/forum with monthly trips to Paragon or Rausch Creek.

2000 XJ 4.0 aw4 np 242
Bastard 2.5" Lift
30" Kumho MT's
Belly Armor
RE H&T w/ front shaft
Lagooz00XJ is offline  
post #7 of Old 02-07-2005, 08:30 PM
mbood82
Registered User
 
mbood82's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lewiston, ME
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
Where in NJ are you? Where do you wheel?

I'm in Randolph...Morris County.
Where do you wheel? I'm from Long Valley, just a few towns over. I also have alot of family in Randolph and Dover, including the family business. Didn't have too many places to wheel around there though...

'99 Jeep Cherokee - RE 3.5" SuperFlex with 32s
'06 Dodge Magnum R/T
'03 Toyota MR2 Spyder
mbood82 is offline  
post #8 of Old 02-07-2005, 08:55 PM
anony91xj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbood82
Where do you wheel? I'm from Long Valley, just a few towns over. I also have alot of family in Randolph and Dover, including the family business. Didn't have too many places to wheel around there though...
There are a few places around me...none are technically "legal", but they're far enough away from everything that no one complains and there's really no problems with it. What's the family buisness? Do you live in Maine or Long Valley?

Where is this Stag Hill?...I've never heard of it.

1998 VW GTI 2.0
anony91xj is offline  
post #9 of Old 02-07-2005, 08:57 PM
mbood82
Registered User
 
mbood82's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lewiston, ME
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
There are a few places around me...none are technically "legal", but they're far enough away from everything that no one complains and there's really no problems with it. What's the family buisness? Do you live in Maine or Long Valley?
I am goin to school in Maine and legally live up here. However, I was born and raised in the Valley. My moms side of the family owns the Chevy/Olds dealer in Dover.

Do you have actual trails and stuff or just the construction sites and farmers fields we played in back in high school back home?

'99 Jeep Cherokee - RE 3.5" SuperFlex with 32s
'06 Dodge Magnum R/T
'03 Toyota MR2 Spyder
mbood82 is offline  
post #10 of Old 02-07-2005, 09:13 PM
anony91xj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbood82
I am goin to school in Maine and legally live up here. However, I was born and raised in the Valley. My moms side of the family owns the Chevy/Olds dealer in Dover.

Do you have actual trails and stuff or just the construction sites and farmers fields we played in back in high school back home?
They own Ayers Chevy/Olds? No kidding, my shop is always buying GM parts through that dealer...including more than a few Pontiac parts for my Grand Prix

They are mostly trails where we wheel, I'd assume the construction sites you're referring to have been finished and paved over, but I don't know what sites you're referring to

1998 VW GTI 2.0
anony91xj is offline  
post #11 of Old 02-07-2005, 09:19 PM
mbood82
Registered User
 
mbood82's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lewiston, ME
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by anony91xj
They own Ayers Chevy/Olds? No kidding, my shop is always buying GM parts through that dealer...including more than a few Pontiac parts for my Grand Prix

They are mostly trails where we wheel, I'd assume the construction sites you're referring to have been finished and paved over, but I don't know what sites you're referring to
Yup, Ayers. Dave and Fred run it now, along with the Boyds I guess. I've put in a few hours there myself. :-D Glad to know you are giving them business, I dunno what is gonna happen when Olds finally bites the dust!

And yeah, we used to screw around on whatever construction sites and stuff that were around. We thought we were all "tough" and stuff, crawlin all over those "hills" and such. It was really rather sad looking back on it... I have much more fun now.

'99 Jeep Cherokee - RE 3.5" SuperFlex with 32s
'06 Dodge Magnum R/T
'03 Toyota MR2 Spyder
mbood82 is offline  
post #12 of Old 02-07-2005, 09:26 PM
anony91xj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbood82
Yup, Ayers. Dave and Fred run it now, along with the Boyds I guess. I've put in a few hours there myself. :-D Glad to know you are giving them business, I dunno what is gonna happen when Olds finally bites the dust!
I thought Olds was already done? They'll have to keep selling Chevys and servicing all the GM cars and trucks...they'll be OK

1998 VW GTI 2.0
anony91xj is offline  
post #13 of Old 02-07-2005, 09:28 PM
mbood82
Registered User
 
mbood82's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lewiston, ME
Posts: 1,728
I dunno, I thought they still has some Olds left on the lot, but I ain't been home in a while anyways.. they could be out by now. I'm not too worried about them though, it just doesn't seem right to only have Chevy though.

'99 Jeep Cherokee - RE 3.5" SuperFlex with 32s
'06 Dodge Magnum R/T
'03 Toyota MR2 Spyder
mbood82 is offline  
post #14 of Old 02-07-2005, 10:14 PM
zachv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, PA
Posts: 1,209
Bjones, you need to know where to look when wheeling the Pines. Shoot me an e-mail and I will get you in touch with some people who can hook you up.

info@atozfabrication

Have a great day!!!
Zach Vaughn.
AtoZ Fabrication
570-385-3931--shop
zachv is offline  
post #15 of Old 02-08-2005, 05:31 AM
XJ Fanatic
Registered User
 
XJ Fanatic's Avatar
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft Campbell/Clarksville
Posts: 202
I'm in PA but wheel with a few jersey guys we always hit up Rausch creek or paragon.

94 XJuggy, 4.5l stroker, d44/8.8, hydro assist, leaves, chopped and caged, oba, etc etc

02 WJ, 4.7ho, 3" lift, 33s, home brew rear bumper/tire carrier
XJ Fanatic is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Let's help a fellow xj owner Fullsizexj XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 28 01-10-2010 07:49 AM
Fellow 2.5ers 1984XJ XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 1 02-12-2009 10:59 AM
Maybe you fellow XJ people can help me with my WJ JeepCherk98 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 09-11-2008 01:56 PM
My latest wheeling video wheeling from wheelin in MA HeavyMetal XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 25 08-23-2007 11:08 AM
Thanks fellow Jeepers Glare231 XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 11-18-2002 01:12 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome