Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

looking for cherokee doors

858 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  1RustyXJ 
#1 ·
I am looking for doors for my cherokee. It is an 89 cherokee. What other years of cherokees can I take the doors off of that fit.

:cheers:

#5 ·
I have THREE rust free doors, TWO are in perfect shape (passenger's side) from a 96. The driver's side rear door is a little tweaked at the bottom, but most people hercu-line that part anyway. Find out what shipping is gonna be, and Ill cut you a great deal. You wont find nicer passenger's side doors anywhere. From a 96. I cant sell anything here in thbis forum, but I am asking for something that rhymes with twenty five dollars per door. (Plus shipping) Manual crank windows,.

PM if interested.

#7 ·
Really? Come on now! You must be kidding!

Well, I did put some front doors from a 4 door on my 2 door XJ, but there seems to be a slight gap (about a foot) between the door striker and the door pillar. I couldnt figure out where the breeze was coming from, (or why I needed bungee cords to hold them closed) but now I know! Thank you carnuck! :thumbsup: I would have never figured this out on my own.

I also tried to fit 2 doors on a four door XJ, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt get the door closed! So I just cut out that center post thingy, but the doors were STILL too short! :( All I ended up with was a pile of junk XJ parts :confused: Any ideas, oh wise one?

(Photo of the results of my door mod attempt.)

So when I couldnt get the four doors to align up on the two door XJ chassis, I simply shortened up the gap by backing into a tree a few times until they fit!!!You can see my complete write up on the procedure at http://www.myreallycoolfriendsspace.retard.net.... Be sure to check it out! :thumbsup:

If you go back and read my post, genius, youll see that I said I have THREE doors. I got them from a rare model of XJ that is two door on one side, and four door on the other. Its a rare model model only offered in the country of Drooltardzania. :drool::

(Spy satellite photo of rare three door XJ from Drooltardzania)

Bro, you have got to be kidding me, right?

Please tell me you werent serious.

#8 ·
First attempt at sarcasm 4.0H.O.XJ??? I think carnuck was only trying to add helpful information to mattman's search for some new doors. I don't think he was personally slamming your knowledge of the difference between two door and four door Cherokees (obviously you did).

Back to orginal topic. Mattman, I was at Pick and Pull last Saturday and they had four Cherokees down there. One was red and the rear doors looked pretty good. I noticed because I need a new right rear door, but am not ready to paint yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.