looking for cherokee doors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > looking for cherokee doors

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 02-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

looking for cherokee doors

I am looking for doors for my cherokee. It is an 89 cherokee. What other years of cherokees can I take the doors off of that fit.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you can use doors from any year cherokee im sure, but the striker's on the doors changed in i think 96+ ?
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
1RustyXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Go to the "Parts for Sale" area and look. Tons of stuff on there - and yes the doors were changed in '97 so you'd probably want to find doors older than that for a direct fit.
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

awesome thanks thats all I wanted 96 and older
time to start huntin

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #5
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have THREE rust free doors, TWO are in perfect shape (passenger's side) from a 96. The driver's side rear door is a little tweaked at the bottom, but most people hercu-line that part anyway. Find out what shipping is gonna be, and Ill cut you a great deal. You wont find nicer passenger's side doors anywhere. From a 96. I cant sell anything here in thbis forum, but I am asking for something that rhymes with twenty five dollars per door. (Plus shipping) Manual crank windows,.

PM if interested.
4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #6
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

2dr and 4dr are not interchangeable!
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #7
4.0H.O.XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuck View Post
2dr and 4dr are not interchangeable!
Really? Come on now! You must be kidding!

Well, I did put some front doors from a 4 door on my 2 door XJ, but there seems to be a slight gap (about a foot) between the door striker and the door pillar. I couldnt figure out where the breeze was coming from, (or why I needed bungee cords to hold them closed) but now I know! Thank you carnuck! I would have never figured this out on my own.

I also tried to fit 2 doors on a four door XJ, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt get the door closed! So I just cut out that center post thingy, but the doors were STILL too short! All I ended up with was a pile of junk XJ parts Any ideas, oh wise one?

(Photo of the results of my door mod attempt.)

So when I couldnt get the four doors to align up on the two door XJ chassis, I simply shortened up the gap by backing into a tree a few times until they fit!!!You can see my complete write up on the procedure at http://www.myreallycoolfriendsspace.retard.net.... Be sure to check it out!

If you go back and read my post, genius, youll see that I said I have THREE doors. I got them from a rare model of XJ that is two door on one side, and four door on the other. Its a rare model model only offered in the country of Drooltardzania. :

(Spy satellite photo of rare three door XJ from Drooltardzania)

Bro, you have got to be kidding me, right?

Please tell me you werent serious.

4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:07 AM   #8
AlexsXJ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

First attempt at sarcasm 4.0H.O.XJ??? I think carnuck was only trying to add helpful information to mattman's search for some new doors. I don't think he was personally slamming your knowledge of the difference between two door and four door Cherokees (obviously you did).

Back to orginal topic. Mattman, I was at Pick and Pull last Saturday and they had four Cherokees down there. One was red and the rear doors looked pretty good. I noticed because I need a new right rear door, but am not ready to paint yet.
Unread 02-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #9
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

4.0H.O.XJ, that was one of the funnest posts Ive seen on this forum.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #10
1RustyXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Lovin' the spy photo of the RARE 3 door!!! Classic...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.