Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

looking 4 pics of XJ's with 35's and 7.5"+ of lift in off camber situations or rolled

5K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  TheNerd 
#1 ·
looking 4 pics of XJ's with 35's and 7.5"+ of lift in off camber situations or rolled

I am still undergoing the difficult task of deciding what I want my lift/tire setup to be. I am looking at running 35's (most likely likely with a stock D30 up front and 29 spliine 8.25 in the rear), but the problem is I am looking for more lift than is necessary. I am wondering if anyone else has the RE 5.5" kit with spacers, or any other form of 7.5"-10" of lift on stock width axles and 35's that has pics of their XJ's in really off-camber wheeling situations or rolled so I can get an idea of exactly what it can handle and how much it itakes to roll.

#2 ·
haha, i just think what your asking for is funny.

Does anyone have a pic of a blue, 1989 2 door, with 4.25" lift up front and 4.75" lift out back doing a wheelie with 32.6" tires on an old loggging road while its sleeting outside? just wanted to see if it could be done

#3 ·
CherokeeProject said:
I am still undergoing the difficult task of deciding what I want my lift/tire setup to be. I am looking at running 35's (most likely likely with a stock D30 up front and 29 spliine 8.25 in the rear), but the problem is I am looking for more lift than is necessary. I am wondering if anyone else has the RE 5.5" kit with spacers, or any other form of 7.5"-10" of lift on stock width axles and 35's that has pics of their XJ's in really off-camber wheeling situations or rolled so I can get an idea of exactly what it can handle and how much it itakes to roll.
:rofl:

#4 ·
JoJo97XJ said:
haha, i just think what your asking for is funny.

Does anyone have a pic of a blue, 1989 2 door, with 4.25" lift up front and 4.75" lift out back doing a wheelie with 32.6" tires on an old loggging road while its sleeting outside? just wanted to see if it could be done
Would you have **** yourself if I actually had one?

#5 ·
CherokeeProject said:
Whats the need for the extra lift on top of the RE 5.5". I have about 5" or so on my rig and I have 35's and flex pretty good. That will change when I get adj. arms tho, becuase of the new bushings. But the extra lift isnt really needed. Just bump stop it and it will work almost as good and I bet it will feel more stable. Also you wont have to worry about the off camber situations.

#7 ·
Keep it nice guys. It is his Jeep and he can build it how he wants. At least he is asking questions to try and figure it out BEFORE he jumps in and makes decisions that he may, or may not, be happy with.

#9 ·
I went to rockkrawler.com but I didn't see a gallery or anything

#10 ·
beckxj, yes i would have

#12 ·
JoJo97XJ said:
I am pretty sure I saw a guy doing that the other day, should have gotten that one on video:thumbsup:

lol, you are my idol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#13 ·
JoJo97XJ said:
Uh, is this close enough?

#14 ·
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#16 ·
XJ95mlake said:
ha ha ha! where did that pic come from? looks like a sequal to E.T.!!!
lol...XJ phone home.

I'm not sure where that pic originally came from, I've seen it all over the net.

#17 ·
yea, thats almost it, but it looks like it only has 31" tires and i was looking for 32.6" so that pic is useless to me:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#19 ·
can you post a few pics of your xj? what exactly does your lift consist of?

tonesxj said:

This guy is on 35's w/ 8" and coilover rear..

#21 ·
#24 ·
with that amout of lift you could fit way more then a 35's. no need to make a show truck:thumbdown:. unless that's what ya want... i'd keep a l. c. g. the more top heavy it is them more it will go on it's side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.