LED Conversion Tips Needed - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > LED Conversion Tips Needed

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #91
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i've got more gas than you!

who's jealous of my OD reading?

nice lights!!!

Shanker67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #92
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevsbmw View Post
Got Everything off of amazon

Lights- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Bulbs- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

The install was very easy, just make sure you don't strip the screws holding in your current headlights. After you pop the old ones out you just plug your new H4's w/ Xenon bulbs in and it "should" work. Unfortunately for me it did not work due to some corrosion issues my high beams wouldn't work. Nothing a new Eautoworks harness wouldn't fix though

Eautoworks Harness- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Even after I got my new harness installed I didn't have brights though. The eautoworks harness plugs into the existing headlight harness so your switch will still work on the dash. I had so much corrosion on my existing harness that it wouldn't even send a signal through. I ended up splicing the new to the old using but connectors and shrink wrap tubing. My brights work like a charm and the light output is amazing. I'll try to get you some pics
sweet deal, so you just plug the bulbs into those new casings, plug and play huh? yeah i just got new sylvania silverstars so ill wait a little while, i spent about 25 mins cleaning all the contacts off real nice, should have gotten that new harness
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #93
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

oh and chris, trev, either of you find ways around the dimness in the HVAC controls?
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #94
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanker67 View Post
oh and chris, trev, either of you find ways around the dimness in the HVAC controls?
Nope, the overlay and tinting are one piece, if you could make a custom overlay with out the tinting the you'd be set.

Maybe a vinyl shop will be able to do it, using a clear or frosted material for the markings, and then just flat black for the rest.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #95
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i guess ill just leave those lights be for now, hmm, we gotta keep brainstormin, maybe ill take the unit out and look into it
Unread 02-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #96
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

okay new lights! BEFORE

AFTER

and the whole dash

what kind of bulbs are in the doors? like for windows and locks and stuff?
Unread 02-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #97
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
what kind of bulbs are in the doors? like for windows and locks and stuff?
That's a good question, as much time as I've spent working on my doors I've never stopped to check.
Unread 02-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #98
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
That's a good question, as much time as I've spent working on my doors I've never stopped to check.
id liek to switch them up too to blue, maybe ill check the chart on superbrightleds.com
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #99
trevsbmw
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My lights are in!!!

whatcha think?

Shanker, After looking at your lights it seams to me that you have two dull spots where the bulbs arnt glowing. I know it sucks but you might try and rotate the socket 180 Degrees and see what happens. Take a look at mine and then yours. You can see what I'm talking about
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #100
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

haha you know what a day after i put them it i was like ohhh my 2 middle ones aren't working! when they do work its gonna look even better! haha im glad you noticed it too, cause i was thinking maybe they just didn't distribute well in that area.

im takin my dash apart this weekend and im gonna fix them then
Unread 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #101
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

okay so my lights are all in good now, i havent taken a pic yet, im pretty sure the door lights are fiberoptics, so unchangeable for me right now atleast.

my question was, for the HVAC, whoever did it and said it was dim, could you post a picture of what it looks like? i'd like to see what it would look like if i did it, so then i can open it up and see what i can do to remedy it. thaaaanks
Unread 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #102
trevsbmw
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I had some red lights in the HVAC that I sent back. I re-ordered some white bulbs but they messed up the order and I received the same red ones I started with. I'm going with white in hopes it will make everything look brighter.
Unread 02-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #103
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevsbmw View Post
I had some red lights in the HVAC that I sent back. I re-ordered some white bulbs but they messed up the order and I received the same red ones I started with. I'm going with white in hopes it will make everything look brighter.
That's what i was thinking of doing..hmmmm when you get them take a pic for me!
Unread 02-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #104
Shanker67
1999 XJ Cherokee 

okay heres the fixed gauges!

Defrost, Rear Wiper, Fogs, Shifter and TC (TC needs to be cleaned up)

Unread 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #105
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Defrost, Rear Wiper, Fogs, Shifter and TC (TC needs to be cleaned up)

Fold some white paper over so its about 3-4 layers thick, cut it to fit and slide it under the clear part. Its a tight fit on the TC, so you might have to put the paper in one layer at time. And as a bonus it will look better during the day time too.

Looks good though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.