Leaking power steering reservoir, replace pump or upgrade reservoir? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Leaking power steering reservoir, replace pump or upgrade reservoir?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Should I replace the power steering pump while I've got it off or spend that money on an aluminum reservoir from PCS?

image-2567531297.jpg

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehicl...reservoir.html

EDIT: added picture of aluminum reservoir

Agility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Mud Pilot
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If there's nothing wrong with the pump itself then I would spend the extra money on the upgrade. Plus with the upgrade you will never have to worry about it cracking again.

Although I have never heard of one cracking in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Mud Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Agility

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Mine seeps fluid from around the plastic fitting for the return line. I wouldn't so much be worried about the reservoir cracking as the same sort of plastic fitting failing again.

I haven't had a power steering pump problem yet and threads on power steering pumps aren't super common here. Makes me inclined to go with the aluminum reservoir.
Agility is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.