Leaf packs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Leaf packs

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
purplexj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Leaf packs

Ive searched the topic and havent found anything saying yes. Will xj leafs work for bastard packs?

purplexj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Adding OEM XJ leaves can help fight the sagging of worn out packs, but they're so flat and flexy by nature that it's hard to get much lift out of them.
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Depends on what lift results you are looking for, but yes they will work.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
purplexj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim
Depends on what lift results you are looking for, but yes they will work.
Just 2" in the rear
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Research some of the bastard pack build threads, IIRC you can take the main XJ leaf, cut the spring eyes of and use it in your XJ leaf pack. It gives about 2" lift depending on the condition or the donor spring pack and the condition of the recipient spring pack.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

S10 main leaf in my first Bpack netted me 3" - 1" of sag, 2" over stock.

I know you said you were thinking XJ leaf donors, but S10 being spring under has more arch, is a bit thicker to combat sag, and won't make your rear end ride like poo poo.
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
purplexj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka
S10 main leaf in my first Bpack netted me 3" - 1" of sag, 2" over stock.

I know you said you were thinking XJ leaf donors, but S10 being spring under has more arch, is a bit thicker to combat sag, and won't make your rear end ride like poo poo.
Yeah ill go get s10 springs but i had a buddy parting out his xj so i could've got those springs for free.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.