LCA installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > LCA installation

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
4x4life

LCA installation

Ive just purchased 4.5" Fixed LCA's, i plan to throw these on there when i nstall my 2" spacers, how do i got about the installation of them? Also if im installing the Spacers at the same time, do i need a spring compressor? or will the axle droop enough for me to get them in there?

90 Cherokee XJ - [COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Flat Black[/COLOR] - 4.0 - aw4 - np242 - Around 6" of lift (3" springs 3" blocks 2.5"spacers 3"AAL) [COLOR=Red]Rough country [/COLOR] - 31x10.5" coursers - Some lights - Custom bumper-Class 5 rear hitch- Flowmaster 40 exhaust - k&N intake- [B]Surco safari rack[/B]

[QUOTE=tealcherokee]if i wanted a hummer, id call your sister:dunno:[/QUOTE]
4x4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
beckXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If you have as much flex as badger you shouldn't have a problem dropping a spring...

I envy his rig.
Image Dynamics 12" IDQ's
2" BB with 30"s and more on the way[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
beckXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
meat12

If you are replacing LCA's during coil spacer install, you should not have any problem as you should have plenty of axle droop. If you do get a compressor, make sure it is a strut compressor not a spring compressor.

Rember: If they dont find you handsome, at least they will find you handy!
meat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
4x4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat12
If you are replacing LCA's during coil spacer install, you should not have any problem as you should have plenty of axle droop. If you do get a compressor, make sure it is a strut compressor not a spring compressor.
Any imparticular advice as to geting the stock arms off? are they difficult to get off? when i unbolt them will the axle fall and if so, should i jack it up?
90 Cherokee XJ - [COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Flat Black[/COLOR] - 4.0 - aw4 - np242 - Around 6" of lift (3" springs 3" blocks 2.5"spacers 3"AAL) [COLOR=Red]Rough country [/COLOR] - 31x10.5" coursers - Some lights - Custom bumper-Class 5 rear hitch- Flowmaster 40 exhaust - k&N intake- [B]Surco safari rack[/B]

Unread 11-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
beckXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4life
Any imparticular advice as to geting the stock arms off? are they difficult to get off? when i unbolt them will the axle fall and if so, should i jack it up?
You'll want to have support underneath it. Also, spray the crap outta those bolts and stuff with some PB Blaster in the few days before the process. Good luck with the install.
Image Dynamics 12" IDQ's
2" BB with 30"s and more on the way[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
beckXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
xj89

i just repalced mine, and added a spacer. jack up the jeep, place jack stands underneath, and dont completly lett he axle droop but just about..remove the arms from the axle, and disconect the track bar and sway bar and ur axle will droop enough to not need spring compressors. then chuck on the spacer put the coils back in place push the axle forward. put on the arms. and u should be good to go. o yea dont forget to disconnect your shock on the axle mount. u dont want the weight of the axle hurting them if u leave them connected.
xj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
Brandon11130

somtimes they come off easy somtimes not, my driver side came off no problem, but the passenger one i had to sawzall off the bolt, its still stuck inside the stock lcs that thing is not comming out.

[SIZE="1"] We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.[/SIZE]
Brandon11130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #8
4x4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj89
i just repalced mine, and added a spacer. jack up the jeep, place jack stands underneath, and dont completly lett he axle droop but just about..remove the arms from the axle, and disconect the track bar and sway bar and ur axle will droop enough to not need spring compressors. then chuck on the spacer put the coils back in place push the axle forward. put on the arms. and u should be good to go. o yea dont forget to disconnect your shock on the axle mount. u dont want the weight of the axle hurting them if u leave them connected.
And you didnt have to touch the upper arms?
So, correct me if im wrong, but your at 5.5" and you did not need new UCA's? Becasue im really hoping that im not gonna need Uppers.

Unread 11-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #9
fryed_1

"should have" and "need" are big differences.

Yes, you should get new UCA if you're going 5"...

No, you don't need them...

You will probably get less vibes with new UCA as they will help to correct the front pinion angle. When you put the longer LCA on, it will point your pinion more towards the ground than before, but not enough to do any real damage, other than prematurely wearing out ujoints.
fryed_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
xj89

i need to fix my sig...im at 4 inches. i replaced the uppers and lowers...but this thread was only discussing the lowers. i dont have the money for a while to go to 5.5

i would get yourself a set of uppers as well, i just re read ur orignal thread the short upper arms are gonna pull the axle upwards, and make the driveline angle really off. i dont see things going to well if u leave the uppers stock.
xj89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.