kippos build/ anger management class. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > kippos build/ anger management class.

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 05-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
kippo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

kippos build/ anger management class.

Well decided to start my build last weekend. Here is a list of things going on the jeep.

Re gear 4:88
aussie lockers
4.5 la lift
sye eliminator
Adjustable track bar
33's and wheels craig list find.
monstaliner
ruff stuff frame stiffeners
Building front and rear bumpers
building roof rack. About time to put that jd2 to use.

Well the first weekend I only got to work on it sat and managed to rip the entire front and rear suspension out from under her. The only carnage I had was rear upper shock bolts and front sway bar links.

life kept me from working on it till yesterday. Well I have discovered I need a new air compressor its not keeping up with my new plasma cutter. Of course I figure this out when im trying to cut off lwr control arm brackets. Then I get my side grinder in on the bracket party only for it to give up the ghost 5 mins into cutting. I guess I cant complain I have had that one for 20 years.

So then I break out the ole saw zall made semi quick work of the main pieces of the brackets and all I was left with was some flat pieces spot welded in umpteen different places. So I decided to start drilling out the spot welds. Well that was taking all day and my bench grinder is out of commision so couldnt touch up my bits. So in comes my buddys side grinder with some .045 cut off pads. Well I hate control atm brackets. Its sun night 11:14 and I am just now getting done with the pass side. So tomorrow after work the driver side will be done hopefully.

Then I can finally get to fitting these stiffeners up.

So im crashing and hoping I wake and that driver side is all done.

Good luck to everyone working on something right now.

kippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.