keyless entry programing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > keyless entry programing

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 12-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
jaredakleiman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

keyless entry programing

So I lost my keys and now i need to get a new remote for the keyless entry. I tried going to the stealership and they wanted around $50 for the remote and $30 to program it... Does anyone know of where to get a new remote and then how to program it? I was thinking Ebay but some say you can program it yourself and some say that you need another working remote. Others say you need a dealer to program it. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

Unread 12-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Get your remotes on eBay or from the junkyard. On the 1997-2001 Cherokees the only way to program a remote is at the dealership or a service shop with the proper engine computer scantool. If you are having some other service work done at the dealership some of them will program remotes at a reduced cost.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

Go to another dealer that won't rip you off! I don't know if there's a difference in programming between your 2000 and my 1998, but my remotes were $30 each including programming (took <5 minutes).
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
NYSLC93
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor View Post
Go to another dealer that won't rip you off! I don't know if there's a difference in programming between your 2000 and my 1998, but my remotes were $30 each including programming (took <5 minutes).
Good to know! Thanks!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.