keyless entry problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > keyless entry problem

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
dsfdf19
1994 XJ Cherokee 

keyless entry problem

I have a 99 4 door power locks, keyless entry. I have searched with no success, ok here goes.... when you use (lock or unlock) power locks or keyless entry. You can hear the mechanism operating however no lock movement on any door except rear hatch. All lock work (manually) freely key operation is flawless. It's like something is un hooked or broken in all four doors. .. any ideas?

15x10 Rockcrawler Wheels

The Jeep Build W/lots of Pic's
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/my-xj-build-94-2-5-manual-545845/
dsfdf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
SSellers
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I had to replace three of the four lock/latch mechanisms on my '98. May be the same problem with yours. I'm not certain but I think the lock solenoid attachment to the actuator may be plastic that just breaks internally. Pulled the three out of my wrecked spare parts car and grabbed another half dozen when I was at the junkyard. Pull a panel, remove the rods, and remove the three bolts that hold on one of the mechanisms. Fire the lock button and you'll probably hear the solenoid fire but see no movement on the actuator.
SSellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
dsfdf19
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the information I will try that
15x10 Rockcrawler Wheels

The Jeep Build W/lots of Pic's
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545845
dsfdf19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.