Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Keyless Entry

610 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CJ7-Tim 
#1 ·
So, my Fob isnt working. Battery is probably dead? How and where do I get a new batter? And how do I take that thing apart without breaking it?

#2 ·
The peanut shape (newer XJ's) keyless fobs can be opened with a dime. There is a little slot near the panic button. The battery has the number CR-2016 stamped on it and they are available at most hardware, grocery or walmart type stores. Replace it so the (+) side is facing you.

#3 ·
CJ7-Tim said:
The peanut shape (newer XJ's) keyless fobs can be opened with a dime. There is a little slot near the panic button. The battery has the number CR-2016 stamped on it and they are available at most hardware, grocery or walmart type stores. Replace it so the (+) side is facing you.
Cool man! I just took it apart right now! Almost tooooo easy. Ill run by a radio shack today after work and get a couple. Mine say DL-2016 though...is there a difference?

Thanks

#4 ·
3 Volts and 2016 is the important info. Radio Shack will have them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.