Just got broken into... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Just got broken into...

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 03-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
PNWClimb
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just got broken into...

Yep, and it feels really uncool. Took my brand new 12" sub and amp as well as my wallet and other stuff, only had the sub for a week Broke into my mothers Suburban as well, wrecked her headunit. So, what do you guys recommend for security? This has happened before and i'm about ready to rig the battery to a capacitor to the freakin door handles here.

Thanks

Unread 03-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
USMCGunrock
2004 WJ 

I think that there are no security u can put on ur vehicle other than parking it indoors. Alarms are nothing but deterrent and most of the time no one pays attention to it. If u don't have indoor parking, well, just make ur car unattractive to would-be thieves. Don't have coins in a cup or something in ur car, don't leave ur GPS/radar detector mount in the open (remove suction cup marks on the windshield), don't have anything of value in it. no matter what time of security u put on it, when there is a will, there is a way for them. it only takes a few seconds.
USMCGunrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
ozjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Couldn't agree more with USMCGunrock. I work in law enforcement, and we have these all the time. Don't leave anything of value in your vehicle. The only stuff that's good in my Jeep is my SHTF bag that has tools, an old gps, survival stuff etc... Most of the people around here that have their cars broken into leave laptops, wallets, purses, backpacks right in view, and sometimes don't lock their doors or anything. Then they wonder why THEIR car was broken into. If this happens often, def. get some sort of loud security system. That will deter a lot of people at least.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.