jumped xj=dead xj =( - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > jumped xj=dead xj =(

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #16
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!

1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
truckntractorhi
1998 XJ Cherokee 

yea ill check it now. but as of now i have no fuel at the test port on the rail and no spark wont even start with starter fluid! is my ECM gone or something??
truckntractorhi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #18
truckntractorhi
1998 XJ Cherokee 

*correction/update

fuel is good! so pump and all seam to be working. i checked all grounds and they read good. now im moving into the distributer/ignition system. possible cam sensor?

p.s. still no voltage or gas gauges.......
Unread 02-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #19
Carves
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckntractorhi View Post
*correction/update

fuel is good! so pump and all seam to be working. i checked all grounds and they read good. now im moving into the distributer/ignition system. possible cam sensor?

p.s. still no voltage or gas gauges.......
Give the dash gauge panel a thumping in case its the common issue of the connectors at the back .....

Probably should remove it and give it a dose of dialectric grease anyway
Carves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #20
truckntractorhi
1998 XJ Cherokee 

but the self diagnostic test works! (turn it to "on" while holding in trip reset button)
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #21
BeachinXJ
Resident McGeek

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
but the self diagnostic test works! (turn it to "on" while holding in trip reset button)
That tests the actual gauges for functionality, not their connections.
Join the XJ Owners Club | Download the iMarn® iPhone App!
SIRA 4x4 Offroad Association
Rule #1 - No talking about the weather!
Homepage | Jeepspace Group|Twitter!|Facebook
BeachinXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #22
mjjeeper
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
well to make light of the situation... i read the "HIGHLIGHTS" from the thread so far to my wife as proof that i am not the only one to do dump stuff in their jeep. i am referring to the time we were all out for a trail ride, me the pregnant wife and our 2 year old in a car seat in the back of the yj. i drove into the creek and the crossing had washed out on the bottom and there we sat, in water coming over the half doors. needless to say she was less than impressed. a $500 salvage motor and a weekend of work i had the jeep back on the road. she has not gone for a ride with me since. this was almost 2 years ago.

sorry to have no pertinent info to add to your diagnosis i just wanted to let you know i laughed very hard.
Your supposed to know the terrain BEFORE you take the wife out. That way nothing happens and you look like an expert. lol
mjjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #23
Carves
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Was just a thought ....

As an aside ..... Im pretty sure that you could have the gauges sitting on the living room floor and the self-test would work as long as you fed it 12v.

ACTUATOR TEST
The instrument cluster actuator test will put the cluster into its self- diagnostic mode. In this mode the cluster will position each of the gauge needles at various specified calibration points, and turn all of the
CCD data bus message-controlled lamps on and off at specified time intervals (Fig. 1) or (Fig. 2).
Successful completion of the actuator test will confirm that the cluster circuitry, gauges, and lamps are capable of operating as designed. However, there may still be a problem with the CCD data bus, the Powertrain
Control Module (PCM), the Airbag Control Module (ACM), or the inputs to one of these modules.

You have been through the fuseboxes and tested/swapped over ... all relevant fuses & relays ???
Carves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #24
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjeeper View Post
Your supposed to know the terrain BEFORE you take the wife out. That way nothing happens and you look like an expert. lol
i had been through that crossing just days earlier (and dozens of times before that). like i said the bottom had washed out. what should have been a tire rinse turned into a tow home.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #25
truckntractorhi
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carves View Post
Was just a thought ....

As an aside ..... Im pretty sure that you could have the gauges sitting on the living room floor and the self-test would work as long as you fed it 12v.

ACTUATOR TEST
The instrument cluster actuator test will put the cluster into its self- diagnostic mode. In this mode the cluster will position each of the gauge needles at various specified calibration points, and turn all of the
CCD data bus message-controlled lamps on and off at specified time intervals (Fig. 1) or (Fig. 2).
Successful completion of the actuator test will confirm that the cluster circuitry, gauges, and lamps are capable of operating as designed. However, there may still be a problem with the CCD data bus, the Powertrain
Control Module (PCM), the Airbag Control Module (ACM), or the inputs to one of these modules.

You have been through the fuseboxes and tested/swapped over ... all relevant fuses & relays ???
yes all has been checked! could it be something in the cam sensor? idk my DD is down

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.