jk rims on the xj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > jk rims on the xj

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
paroxysym
2007 WK 

jk rims on the xj

i been kicking around the idea of throwing a set of 17" jk rubi rims on my xj. has anybody else thought of doing so? i know i will need adapters for them to work- which is the only thing holding me back. i found a nice deal on 5 rims and new bfg mts on them for cheap. i think they would compliment the lift im getting nicely. would 3" be enough to clear them? i believe they are just shy of 32s..

Unread 09-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Chris_Walker
1988 XJ Cherokee 

They might rub a little going over bumps. I'm not sure what the backspacing is on them, but with the adapters, they shouldn't rub at full steering lock. Post pics if you do it. =D
Chris_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
xjfever
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well if you are running 32's right now I see no reason that they wouldn't work.
  1. '95 XJ country edition, 4" coils/3/4" spacers, HD leafs with extra main added in, Ironman adjustable control arms, rough country shackles, aussie locker, JK rubicon shocks, 35" mudder's, soft 8's, cobra cb
  2. Sold'99 WJ limited, 4.7L, 3" IRO lift. Bilstein shocks, JK rubicon wheels, 255/70/17's, carolina driveshaft, IRO adjustable control arms, IRO adjustable A-arm
  3. Sold '00 TJ, 4" lift, rusty's adjustable control arms, skyjacker shocks, rock krawler adj. trac-bar,rugged ridge SYE and RE driveshaft, soft 8's, 35" mud king xt's,XJ HP D30 w/aussie locker, 4:88 yukon gears, hella 500's, rock crusher diff covers
4. 04 Dodge ram 1500 quadcab, yes, it has a hemi.
5. '08 BMW X3, Mods in progress.
xjfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Two_Jeeps
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I put a set of 05 Rubicons on my 91 XJ earlier this year. I didn't use any spacers and until I mounted a larger tire, I didn't need the lift.

Here what it looked like the day I bought the wheels:

Here's what it looks like now with a 2" lift, new tires, new paint, etc...

Those tires are just under 32" and I haven't had any problems yet. Granted, I don't do a lot of serious off roading, but it has been on the trail a few times since adding those wheels and tires with no problem.
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
jeeper01

I would say go for it. I personally think it would look badass with some spacers/adapters.

Last edited by jeeper01; 09-23-2008 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: I can't read
jeeper01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two_Jeeps View Post
I put a set of 05 Rubicons on my 91 XJ earlier this year. I didn't use any spacers and until I mounted a larger tire, I didn't need the lift.

tj's have a 5 on 4.5 lug pattern

jk's have 5 on 5 lug pattern

adapters are needed in his application
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
wil badger

I have a set of JK rims I was going to put on my ZJ. The back spacing is an inch more then the stock ZJ rims. So with a 1" spacer it should bring you right back to factory backspacing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.