Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JGC Overland Drivetrain

812 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bmyohn 
#1 ·
I want to buy a JGC Overland, but when I test drove the vehicle, I found a unique noise in the drivetrain. When cruising at 70 MPH, you get a vibration in the passanger seat along with a drumming or drone type noise. But if you take your foot off the throttle, the noise and vibration goes away. But the slightest, and I mean slightest throttle pressure, the noise and vibration comes back. The vehicle is brand new. I drove another JGC at the same dealership, same drivetrain,(HEMI), and the same problem, but it was worse.

The dealer seems to think it is a bad tire. He is trying his best to resolve the problem. I currently own a 2004 JGC Overland, with 55,000 miles, and it is still smooth at any speed. Has anyone out there experiencing this same problem, and if so, what can be done to rectify this problem. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Dan, the Jeep Man

#2 ·
check out the Grand Cherokee forum, they would be able to assist you better then the cherokee guys

Grand Cherokee Forum Link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.