Jet Chip: Stage 1, 2 or not at all??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jet Chip: Stage 1, 2 or not at all???

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 04-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
liviu

Jet Chip: Stage 1, 2 or not at all???

I have been wondering lately about installing a Jet Chip or not? I have a '99 with the AW4. I don't do any off road wheeling, only street drive and ocasionally some towing. I wouldn't mind some more HP and TQ bellow 2500 RPM. I usually stay bellow 2300 RPM, but go above some times, depending on traffic. Other mods are:K&N, bored TB, headers, custom downpipe, cat back.

I don't exactly what a Jet Chip does/how it works, but I also have an APEXI SAFC2 not installed yet. I just wouldn't like to duplicate the same mod.

So, what you guys think? Would a Jet chip help? Should be stage 1 or 2? If an Apexi would be present, would a Jet Chip help? Opnions/experience?

Thanks.

liviu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
Lundy

I bought the JET stage 2 a few years ago, and have had it on since. Quite honestly, it is difficult to tell any difference, if at all. I even took it off after some time to see if there were any changes, but didn't "feel" any different. Especially with the free flow mods you have already, I would save your money for something else. Just not a good return for what you spend.

Lundy
Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundy
I bought the JET stage 2 a few years ago, and have had it on since. Quite honestly, it is difficult to tell any difference, if at all. I even took it off after some time to see if there were any changes, but didn't "feel" any different. Especially with the free flow mods you have already, I would save your money for something else. Just not a good return for what you spend.

Lundy
Thanks for your response. Did you have diff. mods along with the stage 2, or the chip was the only one?
liviu is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.