jeep xj cat walker vs magnaflow +stock quiality stainless muffler? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
02grandy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Xj jeep xj cat walker vs magnaflow +stock quiality stainless muffler?

walker cat vs magnaflow cat from advance auto. what you think? also whats a good stainless muffler that is stock quiet ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-11-2016, 06:11 AM
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Performance-Curve. com for cats, not advance auto or autozone. You can get a spun stainless cat for something like $60-70.

No stainless mufflers that I know of that are as quiet as stock, but my Flowmaster Super 50 Delta is merely rumbly (video with sound in my build thread). Their 60 is a little quieter but only available in stainless as part of a whole cat-back iirc. Their 70 would probably be really close to stock quiet.

Magnaflow's stainless mufflers is also tasteful sounding to most, but not stock quiet.

Build Thread -- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/
post #3 of 4 Old 02-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Treleaven
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have a Walker Cat and Walker Quiet flow muffler. After driving with it for a few months, when driving slow under load it has developed a loudness around 2000 RPM, not quite a drone but much louder then when cruising down the highway. On the highway I can hear my tires and engine more so then the exhaust, and when crawling around offroad it is super quiet. I would imagine it would be like stock factory with a little more growl when accelerating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn2kX-7dYwc

98 XJ Auto 4.0L
30x9.5R15 GY Silent Armor
Fender cut n fold
post #4 of 4 Old 02-13-2016, 05:55 AM
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treleaven View Post
I have a Walker Cat and Walker Quiet flow muffler. After driving with it for a few months, when driving slow under load it has developed a loudness around 2000 RPM, not quite a drone but much louder then when cruising down the highway.]
Turbo mufflers such as OEM, Dynomax, Walker use a fiberglass mat/packing to absorb sound. They tend to "break-in" over the first weeks-months as the fiberglass settles into place and even tiny bits of it get blown out.

This is a good thing to be aware of going in--these mufflers will sound differently at first than they eventually end-up.

Build Thread -- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/whats-chrokeese-build-thread-2525690/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.