Jeep Won't Start, No Click? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep Won't Start, No Click?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH21814 View Post
. Shipping from eBay is usually rather fast. .
I'm talking about removing the NSS and cleaning, refurbishing it, not buying a new one. Takes about an hour, FREE!!

I've cleaned and refurbed 4 NSS's with 100% success...one I got off a random XJ at the junkyard for $12.

Unread 02-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #17
antcg
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise XJ View Post
I'm talking about removing the NSS and cleaning, refurbishing it, not buying a new one. Takes about an hour, FREE!!

I've cleaned and refurbed 4 NSS's with 100% success...one I got off a random XJ at the junkyard for $12.
Well I'd like to say thank you to everyone who posted on this thread. I do believe that the NSS is the way to go! I plan on going to a junkyard and getting a whole new exhaust assy and hopefully an o2 sensor, since they welded that pipe where the cat is and theres a hole in my muffler, so I'll get a junkyard exhaust and maybe while I'm there I can get my hands on a good looking NSS and clean that one up.

Any idea on what years nss and exhaust will work on a 98 cherokee sport 2wd automatic?
antcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #18
JMH21814
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by antcg View Post

Any idea on what years nss and exhaust will work on a 98 cherokee sport 2wd automatic?
I believe all 97 - 01 XJs all use the same NSS. Not sure about exhaust. I think the manifold is different 97 - 99 and 00 - 01. I could be wrong, though.
JMH21814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.