1) If you have the 4.0L engine, you have an inline
six (I6,) not a "V6." AMC never produced a V6 - the only one they used in Jeep was one they bought from Buick in the late 1960s-early 1970s.
2) I'm not sure I fully understand the issue you're having. "No Start" covers a good deal of ground. Is the problem intermittent, or constant? Does it manifest in different ways? A "No Start" condition can be a result of:
- "No Crank". You turn the key and nothing happens.
- "Crank, No Light". The starter motor cranks the engine over, but it won't catch.
- "Crank, No Run". The starter motor cranks the engine, and it catches - but it won't stay running once you let go the key.
All would have different potential causes to address, which can be further narrowed down by additional symptoms and observations. Help us help you - short of direct examination, all we have to go on is what you say. So, be thorough and perhaps a bit more organised, to make it easier to extract the information we need (but, by telling us your vehicle year and engine, you've already helped a good deal...