Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeep Started Running Like Poo

696 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mbood82 
#1 ·
Past week or so it seems like my Jeep is running like crap(atleast to me) it has a differents sound seemingly, doesn't have as much power it feels like and it almost started today after I took it out of park. Any ideas? I was gonna check/clean the plugs, any specific sensors make the jeep suck? :eek: It always ran decent til now so I need some help :D

Thanks,
Kevin

#2 ·
Well I only got a chance to do the plugs before it started raining. They had a lot of carbon I believe it was on them and I've been told that means it's running rich, help? :D

#4 ·
That's a good question, is that probably the most common culprit? :D If so, they inexpensive or they pretty pricey?

#6 · (Edited)
I priced one yesterday at pep boys, It was $64. I still have to check auto zone, napa, and one other parts place. I can't think of the name right now. I have been looking around at threads on o2 sensors and Should you go to the parts store for one, make sure it is not the universal one. You want the specific one for your xj.
It will cost you a few $ more, but will save you some problems down the road.
Apparently the 4.0 is picky with o2 sensors.

EDIT: I just did an online search for autozone and came across this. hmmm
It seems they got the prices backwards. (wouldnt the universal one be cheaper?) The oem is 50, and the universal is 65. The store may say it is a misprint, but if you ordered online, I don't think they could say anything.

#7 ·
Damn it has been awhile, but I didn't think I paid that much. Maybe I was just in denile! lol.

I know others have had issues, but I believe mine was a Bosch unit. It hasn't failed me yet (about a year now).

#8 ·
Roll Tide said:
I priced one yesterday at pep boys, It was $64. I still have to check auto zone, napa, and one other parts place. I can't think of the name right now. I have been looking around at threads on o2 sensors and Should you go to the parts store for one, make sure it is not the universal one. You want the specific one for your xj.
It will cost you a few $ more, but will save you some problems down the road.
Apparently the 4.0 is picky with o2 sensors.

EDIT: I just did an online search for autozone and came across this. hmmm
It seems they got the prices backwards. (wouldnt the universal one be cheaper?) The oem is 50, and the universal is 65. The store may say it is a misprint, but if you ordered online, I don't think they could say anything.
I just checked your link and once I put in my zip code (first page it took me to) and the price for the OEM fit one by Bosch was 79.99 or somethin like that. I guess they fixed it. Oh well...

#9 ·
mbood82 said:
I just checked your link and once I put in my zip code (first page it took me to) and the price for the OEM fit one by Bosch was 79.99 or somethin like that. I guess they fixed it. Oh well...
its still working for me. Zip code 29201, 92 xj 4.0 4wd. My guess would be they would ship it, even to your zip code. May be worth a try.
Ok i tried it for the 97. the sensor before the cat is 50, after the cat is 80 or 50 (2 different part numbers listed. ) for OEM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.