Jeep stalling, clutch in, nuetral, decelerating - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep stalling, clutch in, nuetral, decelerating

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Jeepgirl91XJ

Jeep stalling, clutch in, nuetral, decelerating

Ok so i have read a few different forums but nobody has the exact same issues so hear it goes. My 91 XJ 4.0l aisen ax15 trans gives me an issue with stalling from time to time. Ive noticed it does it sometimes when its
Cold or rains. It started with when i had momentum in gear and i would push in the clutch to downshift or put in neutral coming to stop it would drop rpms and almost stall out, motor would die down and shutter a little and sometimes completely dying out. Usually it would die down then pick up only on near flat surface and also usually only die conpletely going downhill. Today however earlier on in the day on my way to work it was fine, lunch break fine but once i left work and tried to drive to the next town at first it seemed ok at first then out of almost nowhere it started to stall everytime i came to a stop and i noticed between shifting gears when i would be in nuetral going to the next gear the rpms would drop then pick up rpm on my guage (im saying that bc i didnt feel the motor die down as much as it was showing). Note that it started up fine after each stall. It doesnt do it when im at a stop, it has no effect on my rpms at idle when i push in the clutch. Anyone had close to this problem and find a solution? Before i go into full diag or throwing parts at it lol. Vacuum leak? IAC valve? Intake leak? MAP sensor? TPS? Speed sensor? Anyone have a decent idea?

Jeepgirl91XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Jeepgirl91XJ

57 people have read this.... No input or questions to further understand this issue?
Jeepgirl91XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
TipMeBackOver
2003 WJ 

i would see if your flywheel is warped or the pressure plate it warped , but i have seen the dampener springs come out and ride in between the flywheel and the pressure plate, also the fingers on the clutch could be worn out and not releasing the clutch fully, how many miles do you have on the clutch?

it also could be your IAC being very slow.it may need to be cleaned and or replaced

Last edited by TipMeBackOver; 02-03-2013 at 07:19 PM..
TipMeBackOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
TipMeBackOver
2003 WJ 

wrong thread duh lol

Last edited by TipMeBackOver; 02-04-2013 at 10:46 AM..
TipMeBackOver is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.