Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
usaf_mike

wowsers!!!!
post #3 of 23 Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 AM
keepishop
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I probably have a lot in my post history that should go here...

Clamp on spring perches come to mind.

Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum

post #4 of 23 Old 04-23-2011, 12:00 PM
cbenez1
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ohh man this could be a good thread !!!
post #5 of 23 Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow clamp on perches....

Bought not Built
Jeep Outdoor Club of Cental Iowa
Square Headlight Jeep Club
post #6 of 23 Old 05-24-2011, 12:51 PM
usaf_mike

thats pretty funny
post #7 of 23 Old 05-24-2011, 12:56 PM
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepishop View Post
I probably have a lot in my post history that should go here...

Clamp on spring perches come to mind.
Looks like a good rod holder for a fishing trip once you misjudge the depth of a stream\water hole opcorn

Sadface :(
post #8 of 23 Old 07-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Paraleyes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

My kRusty's experience...

So I ordered the track bar from kRusty's. Installed it and right away, I had death wobble and couldn't figure out WTH for the life of me. Finally found out that the TRE barely had enough length to fit into the track bar, so the threads FAILed. Called kRusty's and they pretty much said, "Too bad. There's something wrong with your lift setup since the track bar isn't long enough." Huh?! They sent the tack bar out with my lift kit I ordered from them. After many phone calls and emails... Yeah, they stood by their decision and wouldn't' consider the fact that they could have messed up on the track bar length. Long story short, Don't buy from kRusty's.

Here you can see how their track bar was even hitting the underside of my oil pan. I know what happened at their shop. They over bent too much of an angle on that bend. Even after emailing them these pictures... Still! -They maintained their stance on, "There's something wrong with my build and they would not warranty it" Bad Rusty!

Here's a more detailed explanation on this; a post on my build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...ml#post9676378

Since then, I have cut ans sleeved the track bar. It might not be the prettiest track bar anymore, but it's stout!

I actually still need to replace it though, because now it rubs on my tie rod when the front flexes just a certain way. It works for now... Any recommendations on the best track bar option to order? I just ordered TNT long arms and stiffeners and I'm super impressed with their quality of parts and especially Jason & Jennifer and Jeepin Outfitters with their service on the order.

post #9 of 23 Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Apostle
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Although a good and potentially funny thread, dont see what the OP's picture has to do with fail.

The ZJ headrest mod is actually nice to have and a complete write up can be found on Naxja

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire
post #10 of 23 Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

you can't fold the seat down, unless you can remove it, its too far back I guess??

I dunno the OP is probably some kid that thought it was ugly. Nobody says "fail" unless they are 12

To the OP, I kid, I kid... Don't want anybody with their panties in a bunch!
post #11 of 23 Old 07-16-2011, 12:21 PM
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraleyes
My kRusty's experience...
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8fAOokxPE

So I ordered the track bar from kRusty's. Installed it and right away, I had death wobble and couldn't figure out WTH for the life of me. Finally found out that the TRE barely had enough length to fit into the track bar, so the threads FAILed. Called kRusty's and they pretty much said, "Too bad. There's something wrong with your lift setup since the track bar isn't long enough." Huh?! They sent the tack bar out with my lift kit I ordered from them. After many phone calls and emails... Yeah, they stood by their decision and wouldn't' consider the fact that they could have messed up on the track bar length. Long story short, Don't buy from kRusty's.

Here you can see how their track bar was even hitting the underside of my oil pan. I know what happened at their shop. They over bent too much of an angle on that bend. Even after emailing them these pictures... Still! -They maintained their stance on, "There's something wrong with my build and they would not warranty it" Bad Rusty!

Here's a more detailed explanation on this; a post on my build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...ml#post9676378

Since then, I have cut ans sleeved the track bar. It might not be the prettiest track bar anymore, but it's stout!

I actually still need to replace it though, because now it rubs on my tie rod when the front flexes just a certain way. It works for now... Any recommendations on the best track bar option to order? I just ordered TNT long arms and stiffeners and I'm super impressed with their quality of parts and especially Jason & Jennifer and Jeepin Outfitters with their service on the order.
Iron Rock Double sheer, by far. Mine is amazing. Solid stock, not tube.

I work on Mopars
post #12 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
K-R
1998 XJ Cherokee 

the deal on those headrests is that they are too far back. your head doesn't even touch them. i guess if you get rear ended and you are sitting in the back, they will slow your head down after you whiplash back a couple of inches...

'bout all I know... minin' coal.
post #13 of 23 Old 07-17-2011, 03:06 PM
sbxj

2001 XJ Cherokee 

headrests...lol
waiting for more laughs

'01 XJ 2DR Sport

'99 WJ Laredo, 4.0L with HID Retrofit

post #14 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't start a thread on a vehicle related car site and call it "epic" Then post something that isn't at all epic. Its like posting a video of yourself making faces in the mirror, and laughing on youtube and calling it "omg totats the funnest thng evr... Justin Bedr 4evr!!!!!!!!!! PLZ cmmnt r u will die j/k"
post #15 of 23 Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 AM
SSDD
1995 XJ Cherokee 

<Insert pic of "Tornado" intake thingy here>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.