Jeep died, electrical stays good - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep died, electrical stays good

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
TwistedXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep died, electrical stays good

So the wife was driving the our 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4x4 the other day and it just died and would not start backup.

I get to it after about an hour 113 degrees out and try to start it and it won't go. I swap relays with the o2 and still nothing. I come back in the evening with a buddy to tow it and it cranks right up but now gives code P0136. I drive it down the road and it dies, we tow it, then try to start about 8 miles later and it starts up no problem.

At home I swap the relays back clear the code and wait for it to come back and nothing. I have been able to leave it running for about 15 - 20 minutes without driving a couple times now and it does fine. I can hear the pump energizing also.

5.5 RE LA
TwistedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

P0136 (M) O2 Sensor 1/2. O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction. Oxygen sensor heater element malfunction.

Check the O2 sensor fuses. Check the sensor wire harness and wire plugs, test the O2 sensor function.

The most common heat related failure is a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor, which may or may not throw a Check Engine Light trouble code

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
TwistedXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
P0136 (M) O2 Sensor 1/2. O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction. Oxygen sensor heater element malfunction.

Check the O2 sensor fuses. Check the sensor wire harness and wire plugs.

The most common heat related failure is a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor, which may or may not throw a Check Engine Light trouble code
Well the thing is the code is no longer re occurring as I swapped the relay back.
5.5 RE LA
TwistedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.