Jeep Cylinder Head - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep Cylinder Head

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
Cannonlbz

Jeep Cylinder Head

Hey, I'm replacing the head gasket in my 2001 Jeep Cherokee that I just bought with 89000 miles. Depending on the condition of the head, I was wondering if any one knew if any companies sell performance heads for the Jeep 4.0L. Tried searching and nothing.

Cannonlbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Newtons3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cleggs Machine, Titan Engine, Patriot Performance, 505 Performance, Hesco.
Newtons3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
tjwalker
It's the crank sensor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonlbz View Post
Hey, I'm replacing the head gasket in my 2001 Jeep Cherokee that I just bought with 89000 miles. Depending on the condition of the head, I was wondering if any one knew if any companies sell performance heads for the Jeep 4.0L. Tried searching and nothing.
The head itself fails way more often than the head gasket on the 00-01. How was this diagnosed?

The factory 0331 head has a known casting defect between cylinders 3-4. You do NOT want to put that head back on your engine!

Clearwater Cylinder Head has a good redesigned replacement head if you want to go with stock.

Also know that if your issue is the head and it wasn't caught soon enough, you will most likely have significant bearing wear throughout the engine.

Educate yourself about the 0331 head. Lots of information online about it. Here is one good link. Good luck and keep us updated!

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=391831
tjwalker is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.