Jeep Cherokee Overheat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep Cherokee Overheat

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
who_datjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep Cherokee Overheat

So I just installed an aux transmission cooler. I test drove it around the block and the transmission lines seem to be in tact.

The problem is: When I got out and opened the hood. There was a little bit of steam venting from the cap. Not a lot, but enough to be visible.

Background: To install a new transmission line into the radiator, I had to remove the bottom radiator hose to get access to the bottom line. When I took it out, obviously, lots of coolant came out. Anyways, I put the coolant hose back on and filled the radiator with coolant. I only drove the Jeep less than a quarter of a mile while accelerating lightly. And when I opened the hood, a felt a HUGE wave of heat blow out.

Why might the engine get so soon?

Any help would be appreciated.

who_datjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
who_datjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_datjeep View Post
Why might the engine get so soon?
I mean why might the engine get hot so soon?
Unread 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
djb383
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did u re-check the coolant level after driving? May have been a air bubble in the system and the rad wasn't as full as u thought it was when u refilled it.
djb383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
who_datjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Will recheck its in for the night.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.