Jeep Cherokee Chrome Grill? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep Cherokee Chrome Grill?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-11-2002, 11:59 PM   #1
b00b

Jeep Cherokee Chrome Grill?

I have been having a hell of a time trying to find a chrome grill for my Jeep Cherokee 98 Sport. I've even seen a guy with one and followed him home hoping he would tell me the place he bought it but he had bought the Jeep with it. =/ Anyways do any of you know of an online dealer where I could order such thing? Any help is awesome!

b00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2002, 12:28 AM   #2
arpy

here's a brushed aluminum one, I don't see a chrome one either.
http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgi...M=10&x=61&y=53

call some auto parts stores and find one that has a Keystone catalog, they don't sell retail just wholesale to stores but I think they will probably have a chrome one.

Last edited by arpy; 08-12-2002 at 12:31 AM..
arpy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2002, 01:03 AM   #3
b00b

Oh that looks really sharp. I guess I didn't get the terminology right (noob). It isn't just the actual grill that I'm looking for in chrome, but also the outter lining which also goes around the headlights. Thanks though for the url... think i'll get that as well!
Unread 08-12-2002, 01:37 AM   #4
CruzNlife1

oh you mean you wanted the "bezel" anyways, does anyone make a tubular type grill like on the fords ???? i had one on my ranger until it got smashed and i got the jeep

1996 Ranger Supercab....

1991 Mustang LX....

VERY SOON TO BE A BRAND NEW TJ OWNER, TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE RIGHT NOW !!
CruzNlife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2002, 12:38 PM   #5
glenzx

The only place I've seen the chrome grille's is on Cherokees from the dealer on the "Classic" models.... and god knows how expensive it would be from the dealer!!!
glenzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2002, 09:57 PM   #6
Tomguy
2014 WK 

Front of my Laredo is chrome .
I saw a few at the junkyard today actually with chrome grills/bezels. You might be well off taking a look at some place like that. Otherwise an auto body shop could order them for you but yeah, it would be expensive.
Tomguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2002, 11:43 PM   #7
kpaquett

Go to eBay and do a search for "cherokee chrome grille". Looks like it'll cost just under $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...tem=1849751356
kpaquett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2002, 01:44 AM   #8
b00b

The reason I had even wanted to go with the chrome is because I also had a 90' cherokee laredo with the chrome and it looked so nice. Sadly it met a sink hole while 4x4'n.
Unread 08-13-2002, 11:46 AM   #9
arpy

So, like, it SANK????
Did you get it back out?
Unread 08-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #10
b00b

no no.. was on a windy gravel road hauling ***, caught the inside of a turn too close and hit some heavy gravel... did a 180 and backed right into a sink hole arching the entire frame... luckily the towing hitch saved the gas tank from being exposed. Lets just say i made sure my next jeep had a tow hitch. Told the insurance company that a small animal ran out into the road and i tried to avoid it losing control.. they gave me blue book price.. suckers
Unread 08-13-2002, 08:14 PM   #11
GPTH1NG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wow. Lying to the insurance company. You must be very proud.
[color=orange]ORANGE[/color] Jeep Club Member #3
--------------------
04 Wrangler X
[/b][/size]
GPTH1NG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2002, 09:57 AM   #12
glenzx

Indeed. Ever wonder why responsible drivers get screwed by high insurance costs? FRAUD. I lived next door to this idiot back in NYC that was SOOO proud of himself for gypin' $40,000 from his insurance company by staging a house burglary.... of course he and his friends thought it was so smart. Then he moved and couldn't get insurance that was remotely reasonbly priced and was for real ripped off... all his nice old stuff and all his nice new stuff!!! My wife and I were in tears laughing at the irony/justice. Fraud screws all of us... so be cool.
glenzx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2002, 03:39 PM   #13
b00b

if you cant beat them why not join in? i didn't go out of my way to purposely total my jeep. so should i be honest and get nothing in return while also getting my rates increased AND being without a vehicle? Sorry I'm human. i get raped on insurance as it is.. i might as well get my moneys worth.

Last edited by b00b; 08-14-2002 at 03:42 PM..
Unread 08-16-2002, 09:08 PM   #14
Junior

lol, that's funny b00b O man, I 4give ya, I kinda agree tho, like, if that happened to me, I might do the same, ofcourse, knowing my luck, there WOULD BE a small animal, and they'd think I was lyin. but ya, I get raped on insurance to, I know how ya feel, and ya, I I'm gald you got yer truck out of it.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2002, 11:34 PM   #15
arpy

Would it really make any difference to the insurance company if a small animal was involved or if you just lost control due to bad road conditions? You are paying for collision insurance, which is only used when its YOUR FAULT! I've known people who got paid by their insurance company when they hit a concrete lane divider because the weren't paying attention to where the hell they were going, no critters involved or claimed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.