Jeep Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Jeep Build

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail TJ, YJ and CJ A/T Fender Flares available @ Oconee Off-Roa*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 10-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Tlong80

Jeep Build

Hey my names tyler and well im picking up a jeep soon and i need some help

im looking to build a fun rig that i can also use as a daily driver

I was thinking XJ 4.5" SUPER-FLEX KIT W/ADD from RE and going with some 31'' on black steel wheels

is there anything that i will need or should be aware of?

Tlong80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
That1guy
2007 WK 

A 3.5 lift is fine for 31"s. You also need to watch your drive shaft angles. You will need a transfercase drop to help with vibes. You might not need it, but a slip yoke eliminator is better. The 3.5 kit will help lessen the angles. I'm guessing the ADD part means add-a-leaf. You would be better off with the spring kit. The add-a-leaf kits tend to sag quickly and not ride very well. RE Is a very good kit. Make sure you have recovery points front and rear. Happy jeepin.
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

As mentioned, save your cash and get full packs and not the AAL. You will thank yourself later. Also as mentioned, the 3.5" kit is MORE than enough for 31's. It will probably actually net you closer to 4-4.25" once settled.

An adjustable trac bar would be a great idea.

Recovery points and Skid plates should be high on your list as well. Especially the recovery points. Seriously, recovery points!

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.