IRO 3 Link vs RC Y-Link LongArms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > IRO 3 Link vs RC Y-Link LongArms

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

IRO 3 Link vs RC Y-Link LongArms

So long arms are in my near future, I have been pretty set on the y-link design but came across the IRO 3 link design and wanted to hear the pros vs cons on each setup so I can have more information on the two designs then I already have.

Thanks.

XJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
tdogg55555
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yea im right with you on this, waiting to here some pros and cons of both so i can decide which company to send my tax money too.
Unread 01-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
TYphoonXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Have you looked at the Treks (formerly TNT) Y-Link kit? Not sure what you budget is, but its a GREAT kit. Just letting you know

As far as these two, Rough Country really has stepped up their game, and I am sure there kit is great, but I would be going with the IRO kit over RC. RC's kit seems to be more vulnerable to broken parts.
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
nrpalmer32
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I know I'm going with the TNT, well Trek's, LA kit when I go with long arms. I've talked with their reps and they are all very knowledgeable and I love their unibody stiffeners that I have.
nrpalmer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
justanotherjpr

Pros for the Rough Country would be two upper arms, belly pan skid. Cons would be new on the market.

Pros for the IRO setup would be easier adjustment (just the bracket at the upper arm). Cons would be that bracket and no belly skid.

If I were to buy one of the two, it would be RC.
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Isnt that IRO "3 link' just a long arm kit without the upper arms on one side? If so, they need to remove the "3 link" name of it. A true 3 link is a different animal all together.
I have Clayton long arms and have been very happy with them.
For the money though, I think RC has the best deal. Leaves plenty of room financially to build onto IMHO.

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
onebadjeep93
1999 XJ Cherokee 

just installed my RC kit last week and its pretty beefy. for the money i'd do it again VS. IRO.

1999 Xj Cherokee, RC 6.5" long arm, c-rock steering plates, flowmaster, flex tube exhaust manifold, 3:55's, 35x12.5 pro comp xterrains
onebadjeep93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I love the TnT design and by far its my favorite that I have seen. But if im looking TnT vs RC (almost same design) for the money that I would save going RC I could put into more jeep stuff. I just dont yet know if the price difference is worth it to me.

And for the record martin is right, the "3 Link" setup is not a true 3 Link setup but rather a radius setup with the upper arm missing on one side.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJK View Post
I love the TnT design and by far its my favorite that I have seen. But if im looking TnT vs RC (almost same design) for the money that I would save going RC I could put into more jeep stuff. I just dont yet know if the price difference is worth it to me.

And for the record martin is right, the "3 Link" setup is not a true 3 Link setup but rather a radius setup with the upper arm missing on one side.
Don't know about the RC and TNT being close to the same, I have TNT's belly pan(the same as the one used in the Y-link kit, add CA brackets and an internal brace[optional on my pan]). I also just got done helping a buddy install TNTs kit on his TJ and got a nice close look at the arms, these things are way beefy! The TNT kit will get you more ground clearance than the other two, and that is worth the extra $$ to me(I'll be getting the kit when I move to 33"s soon), as well as it's built in the US.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Don't know about the RC and TNT being close to the same, I have TNT's belly pan(the same as the one used in the Y-link kit, add CA brackets and an internal brace[optional on my pan]). I also just got done helping a buddy install TNTs kit on his TJ and got a nice close look at the arms, these things are way beefy! The TNT kit will get you more ground clearance than the other two, and that is worth the extra $$ to me(I'll be getting the kit when I move to 33"s soon), as well as it's built in the US.
Same y-link design is what I meant, I do recognize the differences in the products again where the cost differences come into play. Though I just looked at the RC website and it appears their kit doesnt work with the 242 tcase so that option is out of the question for me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.