Internal cages - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > Internal cages

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

Internal cages

Im looking for a good weld-in internal cage

Post up

Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

D&C Extreme is a good starting point from what I've seen/read. That's probably what I'd go with if I was doing an internal.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Topgun514
1988 XJ Cherokee 

well dont ask heavymetal, he knows nothing of cage building, haha (just kidding)

http://www.jp-evolution.com/ro4x4xjinspc.html
This is one that caught my eye in the past. I think it is a good sport cage, I dont think its weld in though?
EDIT: if you looked at it, i would get the extra middle back bar and 2 front ones for extra support/ safety
3.5" Lift, RE SF LCA's with skids, 31x10.50R15 Duratracs, ARB Roofrack, Custom Bumper, Glasspack, Bored TB, Custom seats
Topgun514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
jfiscus
1993 XJ Cherokee 

This place sells them, I know a couple people who have ran them, said they were quality. http://www.swracecars.com/
Local to Cincinnati, Ohio? Check out our club! [url]http://www.terrainstompers.com[/url]
jfiscus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
911tj
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Ive got the d&c in mine. Soon to be tied into an exo.

911tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

I am emailed D&C and then dont return my emails,..... so

The swracecars look cool but not enough info to just throw down $500

Those bolt together cages are kind of a joke

more links please
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernick View Post
I am emailed D&C and then dont return my emails,..... so
I don't have a cage or any experience with D&C, but it is late on Friday. I'm pretty sure anyone worth doing business with is worth waiting till Monday to hear from.

Unless you mean you've emailed them in the past. In which case, disregard my statement.
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepernick View Post
Those bolt together cages are kind of a joke
FWIW, they've proven themselves quite capable in the SWB Jeeps.

The A-pillar mount in the XJ version looks sketchy though.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

I emailed them on Monday or Tuesday... sure its only been a week, but still. I will give them a call before any order is made of any cage.

Ya Im sure bolt together could do the job, but I just dont see the waste of bolts and money when I could just weld it myself... and have a better cage.

Im really looking for a cage that is only to the C pillar so I can chop the back off and cage it in myself.... I may end up just caging the whole thing... I just thought I could save many hours of labor for myself by buying a prefab cage.

I know there is a few more cage fabbers out there somewhere... I just cant seem to find them... mainly why I posted... I search and only come up with the bolt in cages or the D&C cage
Unread 04-26-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
lilacsl2
OhDoyleRules

2013 JK Wrangler 

when you get ready to do the cage let me know, if memory serves I am only about an hour away from you jeepernick.

I would like to see whichever cage you decide to go with/how easy/difficult it is to install. My experience with cages is strictly vw, but from that I found its easier to start with a pre-fab kit the first time you do it, but know you will end up not using or modifying most of it to ft your needs.

I know xj's are more cookie cutter in the aspect most of them run the same wheelbase, rooflines, suspension setups etc. in comparison to most baja's so it may work out that the pre-fab kits work really well as a starting point to a cage in the xj world.

Either way, I would definately be interested inseeing progress/finish product on your rig.
2007 Dodge 1500 Laramie, Hemi, 20's, 33's, all the goodies.
lilacsl2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #11
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I know this is not a pre built cage but this might give you some ideas. This is what I built for mine and if you have any questions let me know.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=1#post4596764

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #12
Cruzin Illusion
Round Eyed XJ

1987 XJ Cherokee 

View the Cruzin Illusion Rig here:
View Cruzin Illusion's Rig
(OlllllllllllllO)
Rock Frog

CIC's Build Threads:
XJ Bolt on Tube Fenders / XJ-8 Grille (Round Headlight Grille) / THOR 4x4 Quarter Guard Install / XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down TIre Carrier / Custom Width HP44 Build and Tech /Cruzin Illusions XJ Roll Cage Pics / Cruzin Illusion Tube Door Build
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #13
CSaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911tj View Post
Ive got the d&c in mine. Soon to be tied into an exo.

No offense but that fits horribly in the rear. You lose so much room. Maybe the front is good though.The cage in the orange truck fits like a glove and you can see why a custom cage is maybe worth the money.
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
skullver
Tarpitz
1991 XJ Cherokee 

T & J's makes a pre-bent/pre-notched cage as does essentially offroad.

my Jeepspeed build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dez-racer-xj-build-367176/
skullver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #15
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsl2 View Post
when you get ready to do the cage let me know, if memory serves I am only about an hour away from you jeepernick.

I would like to see whichever cage you decide to go with/how easy/difficult it is to install. My experience with cages is strictly vw, but from that I found its easier to start with a pre-fab kit the first time you do it, but know you will end up not using or modifying most of it to ft your needs.

I know xj's are more cookie cutter in the aspect most of them run the same wheelbase, rooflines, suspension setups etc. in comparison to most baja's so it may work out that the pre-fab kits work really well as a starting point to a cage in the xj world.

Either way, I would definately be interested inseeing progress/finish product on your rig.
Sure thing man, I will PM you when the money comes around to doing this,... going to be my summer project. I normally like spending my summers wheelin the heep so I will have to find time to do it all

Thanks Cruzin, that rig you have built there is one sick ride... I can only dream to have something like that built up by the time I finish this thing

I need to drop cash on a tube bender too. no matter what cage I go with.

and if I do it totally custom then cruzin ur the one to copy

but with my own little touch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.